Smell/Odor

So this has been on my mind for a while. My Grobo leaks odour like theres no tomorrow. Every morning I check my unit it smells like I’ve had stoners in my basement all night long.

I’ve seen modifications to add a huge air filter but I don’t want to void my warranty. How can we fix this issue?

I have light leak which has been deemed ok by support. But if there’s light leaks, air can easily flow.

Seriously though. This is supposed to be a self contained unit and it seems to need more attention then advertised. Luckily having odour in my house isn’t a deal breaker but I’d really like to have a proper sealed unit.

2 Likes

Then you got thewrong unit. Impossible to mask plant smells entirely especially in flower. Youd have to put the unit in a sealed room or tent
Try using oni upstairs in your house for smell

3 Likes

Lol I agree my unit is in my back room upstairs n you can smell it all the way down stairs lol​:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

But I do agree with todd during flowering I dont think it’s to possible to keep smell from not smelling unless you got some type of bammer lol

1 Like

The smell for me is restricted to one floor but i dont have ac so no fans going all day

3 Likes

The smelliest stickiest is what we all want tho no​:rofl::joy::crazy_face:

3 Likes

The smell is just part of growing cannabis! As much as the Grobo unit tries to contain the smell it is nearly impossible to do so.

You will notice a lot of Grobo users have taken extra measures to help with the smell. Some have attached a modification with a fan/filter like @KeefGreenLeef or @SWSVIC methods.

You could also put your Grobo in a tent and add a fan/filter to that if you don’t want to attach anything to your Grobo.

I personally went with an odor mod by KeefGreenLeef followed by placing the unit in a tent which has a 6" fan/filter in it. This completely removes any odor.

And then stealth mode:

9 Likes

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/grobo-smell-elimination-mod-stay-discrete-with-this-new-add-on-you-can-invite-grandma-over-again/5882/80

3 Likes

I’m doing the same. New setup coming for next grow. (I’m sticking with Grobo)

2 Likes

Nice setup!

1 Like