Since I use a Grobo How do I get more light to my buds with my Girl Scout cookies?

My Girl Scout cookies have been growing great all the way through and the only thing I’m trying to figure out is how to get more light to the flower in order to yield as much as possible. I’m on day 12 to 14 in the late vegetation stage. Since this is my first grow with a Grobo I am not topping. Would it hurt to remove a few of the massive leaves an order for the flower to get more light or should I just continue with slight defoliation as needed every 10 to 20 days?

3 Likes

Defoliate

4 Likes

Don’t do anything theyaregoing to sprout up toward the light and she’s good size now.jstkeepher trimmed like @chris_barfield said

2 Likes

@Dmtcuz,

((#YourGrowYourCall)):

(SomeMoreInfo): (ClickHere):

--

((#Lollipopping)): :lollipop:

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=lollipopping

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=lollipopping%20user%3Asilvergrobo

Tangerine dream auto - #134 by Stephen - Share Your Grow - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

--

((#YouTubeVideo)): :video_camera:

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/ultimate-grow-guide-video-new-release/2627

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/ultimate-grow-guide-video-new-release/2627/6?u=silvergrobo

Pruning and topping your plant to increase yield - #58 by SilverGrobo - Grow Techniques - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/looking-for-suggestions/2158/2?u=silvergrobo

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=youtubevideo%20user%3Asilvergrobo

--

:infinity::wink:

--

:infinity:

((#ChampionsGotYouCovered)): :clap:

((#YouAreDoingAGreatJob)): :green_thumb:

(Do what you like with this grow and have it as your base grow for the next grows): (Every grow can be a little different, play around with them and find your favorite way of growing):

--

1 Like

So I removes a lot of the large fan leaves in order to get more light to the plant and I also defoliated the bottom of the plant in order to get the highest yield. Please take a look at the picture from last night before removing fan leaves and defoliating as well as try to overall lollipop the plants. Also please see the photo below and let me know any and all thoughts that all of you have because this is my first time growing hydroponically and in an enclosed system like a Grobo. After all I’m just trying to get as much Nug as I can and I’m pretty sure that’s the point. LMAO

2 Likes

Here is another view of my plant from the top and I’m just curious of what you guys think of the Lali popping and remove all of the large fan leaves in order to get more energy focused on my flowers.?

2 Likes

Hey Chris so I went ahead and defoliated along with removing some of the large fan leaves which surprisingly was only for that was taking up so much room and I’m just curious of what you think from the photos that I have put up below. My plant will be starting the flowering stage tomorrow. Thanks again for any and all input. DT

So I decided to take your information and if you don’t mind, take a look at the photos that I took after removing the fan leaves as well as defoliating the bottom in order to overall lollipop the plant so I can yield as much as possible. Please let me know any and all information that you have, good or bad because I just want to make sure my plant is happy and healthy. This way it will make me happy and healthy when I finish up. Thanks again for letting me know about the family leaves because now I have nine buds that are exposed as opposed to I think four or five.

1 Like

So I decided to remove families along with defoliating the plant right before flowering starts and I was just curious of what you thought from the pictures that I have posted since last night. Any and all information good or bad will be greatly appreciated! Thanks again. DT

I think you over pruned it. I like big healthy plants and let it die off naturally most of the time. I try not to overtrim and definitely don’t make a shape to it other then the initial topping to split the bud

If thia was your first grow i would literally have left it alone to see what its supposed to look like first. But that’s me. I’m not the biggest harvester here but I’ve got 5 now.

I definitely appreciate the feedback. With everything that I did I feel like it is a good amount of stress on the plants and like you said on my first row it’s good to just let it go and see what happens but with me not topping it I figured a few fan leaves and some defoliation wouldn’t be too bad. I honestly only trimmed a total of 12 leaves and that’s including the fan leaves so hopefully everything Will come out all right but keep the feedback coming because I know you know what’s going on and I do appreciate it.

1 Like

we all are a bit different with our own preference i live in cold winters hot summers in Canada so I get a few zones to play with. What my learning curve has been has been losing like 3 4 plants for various reasons. Root rot. Burn. Mold. Lack of oxygen to roots. You name it. In general I’m fairly good with plants. House is full of em all me. This is all new to me. I’ve said it before Chris and azuri all care about ph etc etc…I don’t. I just want the plant to grow… that means having good tools aka Grobo. Shell recover and shoot up soon. Don’t freak out if your not on auto and your light schedule changes

2 Likes

Not a bad job you would’ve had to cut the bottom off anyway when the second defoliation occurs at day 21 … your plant will grow lush leaves as it enters stretch and be robust again … I like to focus on the top of the top plant when I’m entering stretch as you usually have to defoliate all the under canopy anyway

2 Likes

:sunglasses:My family has owned and operated a florist in Charleston South Carolina for over 85 years now and I worked there for seven years of my life and like you I love plants so I understand where you’re coming from when you say just let the plant do its thing instead of pruning and stressing it out. Basically You don’t try and do too much but just let the plant do what it’s going to do naturally. With that said, I’m not growing in soil like I always have and Since I’m growing hydroponically I am going to take the information from other hydroponic Growers and see where that takes me.

1 Like

So you’re saying the next time I defoliate to focus more towards the top instead of the bottom like I’ve been doing correct? Just want to make sure that I am picking up what you’re putting down. Thanks again for the feedback.

2 Likes

So I leave the top fan leaves and remove most of the bottom escailly when they are covering bud sites … but that’s just me everyone has their own opinion I personally don’t care too heavy about fan leaves since they always grow back but that’s me

2 Likes

I did exactly what you told me to and look at this motherfucker now. Thanks dude.! image|375x500

4 Likes

She was just waking up earlier. Looks a lot better when she’s awake

5 Likes

Nice dude she’s looking good for sure !! Those buds will swell

1 Like