Should the stem snap or bend?

Hey AG family
My buds seems to be dry(brittle even) but the stem don’t snap. It’s been 5 days
My tem is 75 with 51% I’ve been having trouble with the rh being in the high end 30’s
So I found this… what do y’all think? I don’t want to do the wrong thing

2 Likes

crisp usually means over dried. Throw em in a jar and start burping them for 10 days. After 10 days you can add the Integra pack to bring the moisture back up a small bit. Cure for 2 months.

3 Likes

if it helps none of my main stems ever snapped when drying was done. TBH i think i could shorten drying time required and will be trying so next dry. I usually do the full 5 days. Going to pull on 4.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information! You guys are so helpful :+1:t5:. I will trim her up and jar her. Thanks for the accuracy in days, that’s what I was having doubts about.

2 Likes

Burp about 2x a day?

1 Like

I do morning and night between 10 to 15 mins. Sometimes a bit more when preoccupied

2 Likes

Hygrometer is good idea to purchase. From my experience burping is only necessary until the desired Rh is achieved. I normally shoot for for 55 -62. Store in a cool and dry environment if u can. A brown non opaque jar that prevents light from entering is a good idea. I also would suggest to think about how u personally like your weed. Some people like a drier consistency for joints. While others like it with more humidity for vaping. So u gotta find your happy medium.

6 Likes

Thanks for that! I don’t like it to dry but not to soft. I bought 2 amber jars from Walmart 64 oz.

2 Likes

4 Likes

So with that number - I would not burp it. Keeping checking the hygrometer daily and see if the RH climbs. Normally when u jar the bud, more moisture from the inside comes out. people like to take 30 days until there fist smoke. Smoke a little every day and keep track of the changes. U might end up liking fresher buds or the exact opposite - u might end up liking 2 month bud cure.

4 Likes

That was staightt from package to the jar. I will check later to see the %.

All the stems I had after 5 day dry mode snapped. I believe snap but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Great information I appreciate it.

2 Likes

I like to do the squish test. If u squeeze the bud and it comes backs to it’s original form super quick then that’s too wet for me.

3 Likes

It most certainly didn’t bounce back. Almost to dry on some.

2 Likes