Should I Get Rid of the Bad Roots?

So my plant has been growing egregiously slow, which could be attributed to a rough beginning that includes an uncalibrated pH probe, faulty air stone, low humidity, & temperature swings. I’ve since corrected these, but despite all the new roots that have begun to come in and the fact that my leaves have looked good throughout the grow - I get this nagging feeling that I should get rid of the roots that are thin and browned in order for my plant to have the best shot at recovering some of its growth - I mean my plant is small as sh**, even for an autoflower. Would it be ok for me to cut them?

Here’s a pic of the roots:

Here’s are pics of the plant from today. Day 39: 4/14 Transition Not much noticeable growth from the last photos I’ve posted.

2 Likes

Also notice, my oldest set of leaves are fading out (like the pair I trimmed days ago) and the tips of the newer leaves have browned overnight. Probably from the change of nutrients after making the flip to Transition from Early Veg, but possibly something else.

leave the plant alone…especially the roots. Never touch them and dont look at them more than once or twice if you HAVE too. Your plant is healthy and fine.
Once a plant starts and is stunted all aspects of it will be stunted typically.

1 Like

look at my newest photos. Leaves are almost tottally dead. This is normal process in the plant.

2 Likes

I know when you’re close to harvest that it’s a normal part of the process for the leaves to die off, but I have over a month left and barely any leaves to begin with which is why I’m worried. I’ll leave them alone for now though.

Do you think it’s possible that my lights can be the cause of the stunting if they were to be malfunctioning? I was supposed to call Stephen so we can sort out why my photomode isn’t functioning (it triggers red light), but I hate talking on the phone and it wasn’t an issue that would affect my grow so I’ve neglected to follow up … but if the lights are putting out the wrong spectrum during the grow as well … could that be the cause of the stunting? :thinking: :grimacing:

1 Like

Yes lights and wrong variations could stunt it. Certain stages like more of a certain color. Such as red in flowering.
Leaves die from day 1 to end. Thats my point. Its normal and has nothing to do with you. 90 percent plants are conficence in your ability to know if its an isssue or not. Thats just experience

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice :pray:. I’ll make that call to Stephen eventually and will post if I learn anything new.

3 Likes

@Hellyesshedid,

((#Trophy)): :trophy: (You Should Definitely Get A Trophy For Growing The Shortest Plant On Record): (#Respect): (:handshake:)

--

:trophy: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes