Should I be doing anything at this point!

North bay kush auto 12/34 flower
Going strong I do light trimming every few days seems no stress on her
Any suggestions if needed at this time! The fan leaves look like snow dusting and smells fabulous.

7 Likes

Keep doing what you’re doing and let her do her thang…she’ll bud up nice.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Just a suggestion…I would clean up the bottom from the lowest fan down (lolliepopping). Read up on it before you jump in. @Stephen has videos you can watch. Maybe a little defoliation a little at a time also. But it’s a great looking gal.

Results of lolliepopping. More energy to productive parts and helps with critter control.

5 Likes

I’ve never lollipopsedbefore so not sure quite how to do or to confident I have always grown outdoors

3 Likes

Lollipopping is basically taking everything off below an imaginary line. It allows the plant to focus energy into producing buds. This is just an example, but take off buds and leaves below the line if it were completely horizontal, then open up the interior by trimming leaves.

An example of what I did for reference.

10 Likes

Do not listen to me, :grinning: but I like a lot of small and popcorn nugs, so I do not remove a lot of lower growth. Sure the big unneeded leaves, anything that looks like it is dying and things like that. So you get larger top buds with nothing below, and I get smaller top ones but a lot down below. Seems about the same just in a different way.

5 Likes

Thanks alot that is very helpful will put to use this week.

5 Likes

Looking good sir. What size tent is that? I just received my 2x4 yesterday and I’m to be using cali super soil and fox farms in 7 gallon pots to house my 00 skunk seeds. Since it’s my first tent grow im not sure if I should do 2 or 3 plants. What’s your thoughts?

5 Likes

Mine is a 3x3. But this is more a question for @Mpower11, @Todd.grobo, or @Merle_Carsten or many other soil growers as all my grows have been hydro, no soil as of yet. But here’s my timeline of grows. My first two grows failed in Grobo, 3rd was a success. 4th grow was 1 plant in Grobo and one in my tent, both successes but the tent was harder to keep up with due to growing faster and bigger. 5th grow was 1 in Grobo and 2 plants in tent. Now I’m on my 6th grow in Grobo (Super Lemon Haze) that’ll be going to flush this weekend and starting 2 more in the start as we speak to go in the tent. My personal opinion for this question though is, start small and work your way up. I like the space of not crowding my tent for trimming purposes, but then again @Vicc has a forest growing in his tent :rofl:. So for me, start with two, and see if adding a 3rd would be a positive or negative for you. I’m possibly looking at a bigger tent so I can do more plants but still have all the room I want for getting in there to trim and inspect…hope that helps.

6 Likes

A 4x4 can comfortably bro for phenotypes or phototypes. Now at 8x4 I’m putting eight of them in that and four in the other my 4x4. I understand that you are you know starting slow so you don’t have too much on your plate but I keeps me going. I’m a person that will get bored with something if I’m not doing something with it all the time I’ll get bored with it. But I’m not saying you’re doing wrong but I’d use all the room now for plants and a 4x4 8 and 8x4 is a comfortable fit for photo types and phenotypes and as for the difference in size you got a bigger space. You grow outside you get 9 ft trees you grow inside slows it down but if you scrog it right you can get that 9 ft tree and a 6 ft space. But everything on the scrog has to be cleaned out can’t have a bunch of garbage under there leaves shade leaves anything. That’s how we get so much into our tents. Plus you have to keep your trees or bushes trimmed up so the light can go through the tree or bush and I say tree or bush because sometimes their trees sometimes they’re bushes and you can inspect through the side and front zipper slits. Can get too all mine iny tent

7 Likes

I grow with a 4x8 and 4x4 and I found that 8 is the maximum number of plants per 4x4 table [for me] if you are using corner mini fans in your tent. With 9, I always noticed that I have at least 1 struggling plant therefore 8 per table is my capacity given that I do multi topped super cropped bushes. You can probably get away with more if you grow untopped autos. With a regular photo grow [4 weeks veg / 9 weeks bloom] they can get pretty big so be wary with over crowding. So for a 4x8, 16 plants is my max capacity.

Growing multiple strains will definitely increase the challenge as you will need to find a happy spot of dialing your tent in to keep them all happy. I would recommend growing hybrids / sativia and indicas on seperate tables [2 4x4 table for a 4x8 tent] and use 2 seperate reservoir for the 2 seperate table so you can customize the feed based on their size and fertigation volume.

Stretchy plants (mostly sativa and hybrids) - drinks more water so it requires lower EC fertilizer solution

Short plants (mostly indica) - drinks much less water so it can tolerate higher EC

Multiple phenos is my preference and I do like playing video games in hard mode :wink:

8 Likes

In a 2 by 4 if it was my first grow I would do 2 plants… Why make life hard for you… Get comfortable then go from there… Just me talking out loud…

Trained / Veg correctly you can make a Sea of green ( ScrOG) with only 2 plants np at all filling the tent

6 Likes

That my friend is my best bet. Thanks to you all for the input. I’m nearing the end of my first grobo grow and the tent is a new venture. Any thoughts on these trich’s? Day 43/50 flower.

7 Likes

Looks great nice. I say your not really yet thinking 10 day maybe a bit longer plus flush.

Do you know many week flower strain this is?

4 Likes

Yes 8-10 weeks. The strain is green crack from I 49 however the recipe I had to use was green crack fast as there was no recipe. I’m at day 112 43 of 50 in flower. I’m still seeing a lot of clear so if I need to extend should I do it in flower or in flush? Thanks for your insight.

6 Likes

At this moment from what I see I would add 1 more week of flower for now. Watch it if you feel it’s ready you can change to flush on any day. Just after you change to flush be sure to do a drain / fill

5 Likes

Sounds good. Appreciate it

3 Likes

Good morning…I have a tent question. I have seeds I am starting in my 1st tent grow any advice on light schedule? Light height? I have a heating pad on low to keep the humidity up and the pods warm and I have the light density down to 25% and the is 24 inches above and lights are on 24 hours.

2 Likes

Thanks brother good advice. I understand what you’re saying

1 Like