Shiskaberry germination looks od

It does look wet, maybe she’s suffocating.

1 Like

The Coco pod is damp. Not terribly… the bottom is wet… no roots showing yet

:grimacing: She needs some help!

1 Like

This the second failed germination in this grobo… 0 for 2 if she doesn’t survive. I just took deeper look and she’s pretty much dead… no roots at all, one tap and she fell over right out of the pod

Start over it could be the brand or type of seeds.
You will have to get to know your strains.
Talk us through your next grow from the beginning.
Recalibrate, clean and sanitize first…

3 Likes

Just started over with the same strain… we shall see.

2 Likes

If it dies or is hard to get right than more than likely its the strain unless your not sanitizing and recalibrating properly.

Planted a new seed from the same batch and it sprouted in 3 days… looking much better…

7 Likes

In all of your pictures your coco pod looks very wet. Did you squeeze it before placing it? Or are you adding water to the top?

I started a new grow. Damp top dried after two days and my seed sprouted on the third.

Third time the charm. Also looks better than the last two. Good luck!

2 Likes

I squeezed and on the second or 3rd day grobo tells me to ad a few drops of water to the pod. It’s really not that wet at all. Damp, but barely… I think it’s just the pic

1 Like

Sometimes its just a bad seed… (before)

Well now the new girl is starting to yellow towards the center of her leafs… yikes!

2 Likes

I have a spot on one of my leaves and I noticed it happen when my water temperature was around 78F. As of now the leave is getting bigger and I don’t see any spreading of spots, keeping my water around 72F. I’m still Not sure exactly what it is though.

1 Like

How exactly do you go about changing the temperature of the water.

I’ve seen people use aquarium type chillers, but all I did was turn the AC temperature down on that room(72F) and I have a small Fan inside the Grobo running for 3hours on 3hour off on a timer. That worked great for me.
But I would just keep an eye on it and see how it goes. If it gets bad you can always just put in a support Ticket.
I read on another post the PH might be a little off and can cause that type of problem, but the Grobo would adjusted to the correct Ph

1 Like

Also temperature changes can cause pH changes:

2 Likes

Looks good right now just keep an eye on it and let us know if anything changes but, nothing to worry about!

1 Like

Update she looks ok… a little bit fat and curly on the bottom leaves…

3 Likes

Your pH may be off @liddellOnus . As you have already found out, happened to me too, damping off will happen if you are messing with her too much in these first few weeks but I’m sure you know that. Still I’d support.grobo.io to have them asses your data. :+1:

1 Like

And I know they will likely tell me that it’s fine…

1 Like