She is big and bout to out grow the grobo

Buds are small but starting … got about 10 days left according to recipe

7 Likes

Big juan.

Looks a lot like my auto plant was!

Good luck… you may start to see some leaf burning very soon unless you can find a way to keep the branches down a little lower, once the leaves get within an inch or two of the light they will end up burning unfortunately.

Do you have magnetic hooks on hand? You might be able to pull the branches down and hook them against the walls a bit to gain some space if needed (Think grabbing them down low and pulling downward carefully to bring the entire branch down a bit)

Also, using those same hooks to keep the branches against the wall (Up higher) is another way to keep them away from the “Square of Hot Fiery Destruction” that they may soon come to know.

Low stress training and/or/ supercropping is another option to help as well.

Hopefully your plant is done stretching soon! If it stops, you’ll have no problem keeping things arranged and out of the light I do believe.

Once the stretch is confirmed to be over, you also have an option that some of the people on AG have used in the past, which is to drop the cocopod itself down into the reservoir. This will net a couple of inches of vertical height. It is suggested to make sure your plant is done stretching and definitely in flower (which yours is)

7 Likes

I tried to put the magnetic wire in there but its just so bushy … guess we will see, its my first real grow hope everything works out

2 Likes

@pyromancy everything you said and let’s see some pictures of the whole plant. What’s the bottom half look like? If it’s that bushy you probably need to do a lot of trimming because it’s not going to get light an grow anything worth keeping down low.

1 Like

You should end up with something more like this. This was my first grow and I had the same problem, got to the light and started to burn. I used the magnetic cooks to keep it down. You can also pinch and bend branches at a 90° angle. Just lightly pinch and twist so that you can kind of bend them without snapping. At one point that plant was closer to the light than your is currently.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Appreciate any advice

1 Like

Grab the branch at the circle and pull it down to a magnetic hook at the bottom. If it won’t go all at once you might have to pull it a little each day by sliding the hook down the wall or starting with the hook at the bottom and tying the branch to it. It will just depend on what angle and how flexible they are. You might end up be surprised how much they will flex and bend.

7 Likes

I would also take everything little from here down off, this will allowed to focus its energy on the top half better and it won’t receive adequate light to grow correctly. I would also thin the top half by taking some of the leafs to allow better light penetration

11 Likes

Let’s say you have a branch that starts at the lower spot and end at the red bud (great art work!) If you don’t take some of the upper leaves in the oval area to open it up it won’t get enough light to grow big and fat, and definitely extend your flowering cycle.
I can’t see very well but all the little guys lower like this are just sucking energy from the top of they aren’t getting adequate light.

4 Likes

Tried … feel like i took off alot… Thanks for the help!!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Thanks bro!!

1 Like

Just be careful with how much you take off. She looks stressed out now, her leaves are sagging from the first picture to the last in comparison.

I would let her chill before removing too much more. You have to be careful with defoliation of an autoflower plant depending on how well they take the defoliation, and how much you do in general.

I think she’ll be fine, just letting you know I can tell from the pics!

4 Likes

Great advice from @pyromancy and the rest of the team!

@blue045 - The plant is looking pretty good and coming along nicely. Even though she is getting kinda tall you can still produce a nice harvest. My earlier AK auto also grew too tall but with super cropping, Grobo support wires, magnetic hooks, and green tie downs I was able to keep the plant away from the light…Granted only an inch or two but that was all she needed! Check it out:

10 Likes

Gonna have to add some days … prob took off to much its had about 48 to recover

6 Likes

It’s looking back to happy again to me! Leaves aren’t slumping anymore, that’s good.

If she can just stop at the height she is at now you should be fine!

6 Likes

Agree with this ^^^ she looks good, lets hope she done stretching, if not the hooks and tie downs, just keep pulling a little each day. Bending in the middle to give the branch an S shape can gain a little room too. You’ll end up getting a nice harvest!

6 Likes

Everything looks awesome! Good job training her back down and letting her rest when she needed it.

Cant wait to see her bulk up!

5 Likes

It responded well so i figured id try a little more … we will see. Makes sense light has to penetrate
Allowed me to separate colas … and pull away from light a bit

8 Likes