Seedling stage and water bubbles DWC

I have just started a new grow. I am on day 4. I got a message that my seedling was thirsty and to add water. When I went to fill the unit turned green for 1 second and then went back to the white colour. The unit didn’t fill and under the cover I noticed that there were no bubbles in the DWC reservoir. I thoroughly cleaned my unit prior to the grow and followed the bonus cleaning tip of cleaning the air stone with the peroxide solution. When I was cleaning my unit I noticed the air bubbles so I thought everything was working fine. Why am I not seeing air bubbles now ? I definitely don’t want to go through the headache of going to the store and opening the unit to attach an external air stone. Please help. Thanks.

2 Likes

it could be dead
a power cycle (unplug for 10) should reset it , if it still doesnt come on, its likely dead. Open a ticket as its likely under replacement warranty

4 Likes

Yes, maybe dead. Mine died after a few months. They sent a replacement pump that looks to be an updated piece as it looks very different from the original pump. Based on info I read in here, I had a backup on hand which I used while waiting for the replacement. I recommend having one on hand.

5 Likes

Thanks for info! Have a good one

2 Likes

Thanks for help. Also I see a lot of users have bought external air pumps and air stones…saw one online that looks similar to the one group uses

4 Likes

Most pumps come with air stones that work just fine. I just plugged my replacement into the existing stone while I waited for the new one to arrive.

3 Likes

@Roopz,

• (#Welcome): :wave:t4: :wink:

- - -

@Roopz,

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

• (Double Check The Propper Size -But- This Is An Easy Fix For Your Short Air Tube):

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 Like

Hey what’s up,

I did figure it out. So the air pump is still running but not producing any air. Grobo support checked to see if it was a software bug, it was not. I tried a factory reset that did not work either. I then updated the firmware and that did not work either. I then bought an external air pump and now there are bubbles in the DWC. I opted for this option because replacing the pump requires too much work with the potential for messing up another component such as the wiring. This is the easiest and quickest fix. However I can’t neatly place my unit in the corner now and the original air tube is not long enough so the replacement air pump sits on an angle and is not flush with the ground. This option also requires the back hatch to stay permanently open.

3 Likes

Hey! Nice work on the fix! I think it’s actually better that your Grobo is a little further away from the corner as it will help with airflow and temps. Having the service door open also provides more ventilation. I keep those service doors off both my Grobos.

Performing a remove and replace of the air pump may seem daunting but it’s not that bad. The Grobo Support team is awesome and will provide you with step-by-step instructions that include very good pictures. They helped me replace a failed Fill Pump which is in the same area as the air pump.

How’s the plant looking now and could you post a picture of the DWC tank with the bubbles? Nice job saving the grow! Can you keep us updated throughout her full recovery?

3 Likes

I replaced the air pump and I have low technical expertise to say the least. The instructions they give you seem like a lot at first but the whole process probably took me less than 20 minutes. I didn’t have the special gloves they asked you to have, just wore regular disposable rubber gloves and it worked just fine.

3 Likes