Second Grow Sherbet

This is my second grow in Grobo hoping for a better yield this time around. Last grow only got popcorn buds :frowning:

Now this new girl looks really nice. Roots are white / plant looks healthy but one problem is it wants to fall over the bottom base is extra skinny and has no strength to it. If it keeps falling over I think it going to break if it hasn’t already. Any thoughts on what I should do? Right now I’m using the drying magnets to keep it from falling over

Here is a couple pictures for your review

2 Likes

Ohh no!! Not looking good my friend!
The coco pod looks wet. Is it soaked?
Is the coco pod touching the water?

Do a forum search for “dampening off”
You should find lots of ideas as to what’s happening / how to mitigate.

My plants have never survived this. They die a long painful death.
Good luck to you.

2 Likes

ibam fighting dampening off right now too. Best 3 things to do.
Pull the pod up into the unit a bit
Put a fan on it.
Squeeze the pod gently with a paper towel to abosorb excess water

5 Likes

Dam you have no idea how sad this makes me :frowning:

Haven’t had any luck with my Grobo yet. I’m going to do some research but sounds like maybe I will just start over again. I guess the question I need to look into is why did it happen and how can I prevent it from happening again

For now I squeezed the extra water from the Coco pod

3 Likes

@Todd.grobo @omacoder this is more of an experimental thing, but has anyone tried to dust the affected area with some sort of safe powder or sand substance to absorb extra moisture?

While this may not have anything to do with it, out of curiosity, what are your parameters? (interior air temp, humidity, and water temp?)

1 Like

Nope. Only used the 3 tricks mentioned above. Has worked both times before

1 Like

dunno, dont care.
Two units side by side one got it one didnt. Luck of the draw.

2 Likes

Running

Hum 55%
Air Temp 72
Grobo Temp 80

Water Temp around 70 to 71 (using Hydroguard)

2 Likes

Just talking out loud

If I abort this grow could I take a cutting off this plant And start with next grow with a clone?

Or since this plant is sick would I be Better off starting with a fresh seed?

1 Like

They recover and usually with a vengeance. As the plants been stressed. Keep going bro

3 Likes

just try the 3 tricks above and in 7 to 14 days youll be back on track.

4 Likes

I will give it a try hoping for the best!!

4 Likes

Good luck!

1 Like

Oh I definitely know the feeling!!! Hopefully you’ve caught it soon enough and it will pull through! Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

It doesn’t look like it’s big enough yet to pull a cutting for a clone, but I’ll let a champion answer that question!

1 Like

Thanks everyone

Yes they are pretty small to make a clone hopefully the plant makes it.

I will keep everyone posted

3 Likes

At this point she is still alive but really hasn’t grown.

At this point I’m terminating the grow. I believe I’m just wasting time at this point

Thanks to everyone for the tips.

2 Likes

Roots where nice and white :frowning:

2 Likes

now you can spot it earlier next time! Still a bummer. My first was a dude. Sucked.

2 Likes

Dampening off been there it hurts!

2 Likes