Sad plant? HELP

Idk what I did wrong, RH & temp been consistent

2 Likes

First things to do is check to see if your bubbler is working. The original air pumps tend to fail on Grobo. Second would be a ph health check. If you have a separate ph meter, check your ph and if it’s out of the 5.7-6.3 readings do a calibration on your ph probe. Check back in with findings.

I also can’t tell by the pic the lvl of your #2 bottle.

7 Likes

I think @FireGuy hit the nail on the head. If you replace immediately you might save the plant

5 Likes

Yup, was going to say the same thing. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Hey @Erik_Curiel,

Great advice from our champions here. Swing by support@grobo.io and I can check your data too, not sure which unit this eh?

Cheers,
Stephen

7 Likes

Casa curiel

1 Like

I was checking the roots and they stink as if they are rotten :pensive:

2 Likes

Sounds like root rot. Do you know your water temp and do you use hydroguard? Are they dark and slimy looking? It might be too late to save her but someone else might have options.

5 Likes

I am going to upload a photo of roots shortly, thank you guys for the help. Just been so busy I feel horrible I haven’t been able to attend to it :pensive:

1 Like

:pensive:

2 Likes

Yuck :face_vomiting:

Going to change the water. Looks like the bubbler is working?

2 Likes

Now that sucks. You lose a plant, then you get to clean up that mess. I am always so paranoid about root issues so I check the reservoir almost daily. To help with root rot look into purchasing a water chiller or adding hydroguard to your reservoir with each water change like @FireGuy suggested. Good luck!

5 Likes

If you’re willing to try to save her, here’s a good resource. Cannabis Root Rot - How to Identify & Get Rid of It Quickly!

5 Likes

sorry for your lost :cry:

4 Likes

Could this be caused by my bubbler going out? Or going bad? Possibly clogged?

2 Likes

Possibly, however it’s usually due to high water temps. In that link I posted they do say low oxygenated water can cause root rot but EVERY time I’ve seen it it’s been higher water temps with no hydroguard. If you had high temps which started the rot, then slime clogged your bubbler and it failed…you weren’t in a good spot. You may notice most people here buy a separate air pump and stone to avoid the bubbler failing. Most also have an aquarium temp monitor for watching water temps.

4 Likes