Root Rot

I still haven’t been able to get this under control…I’m day 4 into the flowering stage and I was hoping the roots would stop twisting by now. I’ve been using Hydroguard and haven’t seen any effects of it working. Anyone have any advice on what else I can do??

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Hey @Brian_Hall your plant looks really good and healthy, I wouldn’t worry too much about your roots there… keep um in the dark. :+1:

1 Like

She looks beautiful. I can’t wait until my little girl is that big.

You still in veg? If so you can bump up the humidity, and even temp.

Flowering stage. Not sure really how to control the temperature or the humidity…

In flowering, temps can be from 65-80, and humidity can be between 40%-50%. You can bring temp up by getting a little heater with thermostat. You can also buy a small humidifier with humidistat so you can set it. Eventually you might need a dehumidifier. You can get a controller to plug them into and program the controller for the ranges you want. Then it’s just set it and forget it (after you have checked that it is indeed staying in the range you want). Seems like a bit much, but it will be a big help in the end.

1 Like

Oh shit, I forgot, but those temp and humidity ranges are for soil grows. Google dwc temp and humidity ranges.

Thanks, I’ll look into it

1 Like

Doesn’t look like root rot to me???

3 Likes

Yeah looks like my roots too. It’s from bottle number 5 I think that makes it that colour. Or 3, or both lol

1 Like

His roots don’t even look stained they look healthy …

2 Likes

Well then idk lol😂

My main concern is twisting of the roots, not so much the discoloration.

2 Likes

You’ve got no control over the roots twisting. Keep the cover on and let her do her thing. :+1::v:

3 Likes

Oh and from my experience, the only real time root twisting comes into play as a problem is when we start in a solo cup and let her go too long, that root twisting is then called “going root bound” and that is when those roots twist all round that solo cup and can’t go anywhere else, no more place to grow, thus root bound. Never wait too long to transplant. Always err on the side of caution, if you think she’s ready transplant her. You will get better by lifting the cups when they are full just after watering, and throughout till she’s dry. A moisture probe will help you perfect this technique. Cheers!! :+1::v:

4 Likes

Hi, I am a beginner and I just notice the roots and see a different color. Those are ok ??

1 Like

Looks to be nute stain, but feel the roots. If they are slimy then yes root rot. You’ll have to use hydroguard, and bring down the res water temp. Best temp is 64 degrees. :+1::v:

2 Likes

@Javi,

((#Welcome)):

:wave::wink:

--

Osage ((#ForTheWin)): :clap:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes