Root Rot

Started developing root rot a few days ago and picked up some Hydroguard to combat the problem. I went ahead and dropped about 2ml in there today since the water seemed pretty low. My overall concern is if Hydroguard will effect the pH levels and if we need to make another adjustment?

2 Likes

Looks healthy now! Be aware that bottle #5 can stain your roots which some have mistaken for root rot in the past didn’t see yours prior. The roots aren’t happy in the light so do your best to avoid exposing them to light. Sorry I can’t answer the question if the product you used changes pH but if it does the Grobo will detect and adjust. :+1:

4 Likes

I can answer this as I use many additives in my grows with the grobo. The ph doesn’t matter simply becuase your unit is constantly looking over ph … so when you add that to the tank the unit will get the solution back
To the correct ph

2 Likes

This pic was taken a couple of days ago, it’s hard to tell from this phot but the roots are brown and twisting.

1 Like

Good tinnnow, thank you.

Your roots look good an it’s ok if they have a creamish color … my last grow was from soil then I transplanted to the grobo and my roots suffered turned brown … I used beneficial microbes and a product similar to hydrogaurd and never missed a beat

5 Likes

I still haven’t been able to get this under control…I’m day 4 into the flowering stage and I was hoping the roots would stop twisting by now. I’ve been using Hydroguard and haven’t seen any effects of it working. Anyone have any advice on what else I can do??

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Hey @Brian_Hall your plant looks really good and healthy, I wouldn’t worry too much about your roots there… keep um in the dark. :+1:

1 Like

She looks beautiful. I can’t wait until my little girl is that big.

You still in veg? If so you can bump up the humidity, and even temp.

Flowering stage. Not sure really how to control the temperature or the humidity…

In flowering, temps can be from 65-80, and humidity can be between 40%-50%. You can bring temp up by getting a little heater with thermostat. You can also buy a small humidifier with humidistat so you can set it. Eventually you might need a dehumidifier. You can get a controller to plug them into and program the controller for the ranges you want. Then it’s just set it and forget it (after you have checked that it is indeed staying in the range you want). Seems like a bit much, but it will be a big help in the end.

1 Like

Oh shit, I forgot, but those temp and humidity ranges are for soil grows. Google dwc temp and humidity ranges.

Thanks, I’ll look into it

1 Like

Doesn’t look like root rot to me???

3 Likes

Yeah looks like my roots too. It’s from bottle number 5 I think that makes it that colour. Or 3, or both lol

1 Like

His roots don’t even look stained they look healthy …

2 Likes

Well then idk lol😂