RO water question

My first grow I used store bought distilled water, but that’s a pain and I don’t love hauling plastic water jugs back and forth to the grocery store.

Thinking of getting an RO system but don’t want to install one in my condo (rental). Does anyone use a Berkey for RO water for their grows? A friend has one and it makes her water taste good, so I’m thinking of getting one but want to make sure it’s filtering the kind of water I need for my plants.

Attaching pic of Berkey for reference.

2 Likes

RO vs Distilled Water, no contest

3 Likes

Thanks for linking that, I’ll check that system out.

1 Like

@HNM - I have a counter-top RO system that doesn’t require drilling into pipes. It is easy-on easy-off and perfect for renters. There is a piece that goes over your existing faucet and a lever switch so you can run RO water or regular tap water, without having to remove the RO unit everytime!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GDGTKRY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Ah ok this is great. I was looking at these units. Does it matter what brand? That one doesn’t look like it’s available in Canada but I found one that’s similar.

1 Like

Yeah that one is very similar. I guess the important feature is being counter-top and easy lever/valve to switch from RO or tap water without having to remove the fittings every time.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Leaves are brown