RGS Royal Gorilla Auto--1st Grow!

Every fan leaf with a stem longer than an inch should get removed to bulk up your buds.

5 Likes

Thanks! Will do!

OK, gave it a pretty solid haircut. Hope it wasn’t too much, but I think it’s OK. Followed your advice–all fan leaves with stems more than 1" long. I also took one or two shoots off the bottom that weren’t looking too strong. Fingers crossed for the home stretch. According to the recipe I should be around 3 weeks away or slightly less.

4 Likes

Much better lets see how she stretches now!

4 Likes

Still looking good–seeing first trichomes!

4 Likes

Definitely in the home stretch now. Trichomes still developing (and look fully clear, from what I can tell). Flush theoretically starts Monday, according to schedule, but my drain and fill is supposed to be tomorrow. Should I do normal drain and fill tomorrow and then again Monday? Should I just ride out with my current water till Monday? Should I extend flower a bit? So many questions!!

4 Likes

Beauty plant bro.
When your white pistols are well white its not ready. Likely 2 to 4 weeks total. She is stacking well. Whatever your doing dont change it
Those white pistols when there more than half are orange youll start wanting to check the trichomes.
Definitely add a few weeks and keep posting photos your in the final stretch

3 Likes

Thanks! I kind of figured something around 2 weeks, but will stay focused on the trichomes. Will extend for a week now and keep checking as I go!

4 Likes

She could have a full month still!

2 Likes

A little slower going than I expected. But looking good.

3 Likes

Yes looking great. 3 to 4 weeks left good job

2 Likes

Just did a drain & fill, probably my last with nutes (figuring I’ll probably send it into flush mode just before doing my next D&F next Friday). Pistils definitely browning, some progress in bulking; trichomes look fully clear.

4 Likes

Looks like there may have been some nute burn and that may have slowed growth.

Was thinking of sending into flush with water change tomorrow, but not sure. Pistils seem more than 50% dark, but from what I can tell (with difficulty) trichs still seem clear.

2 weeks is probably the most I can wait to harvest or I won’t be able to properly cure. Any thoughts? Thanks!

5 Likes

She looks like 5 days or less for chppping down. Lookjng good @bluegro

5 Likes

Thanks @Todd.grobo ! 5 days to chop?! Guess I’d better get to flushing!

4 Likes

Harvest last night. Pretty damn pleased. Everything seemed healthy–nugs are dense and solid. Don’t think I’ll quite get an ounce but maybe 20g or so. I’d be pretty happy with that for a successful first try.

6 Likes

Looks tasty…!

3 Likes

Just under an ounce, with half an ounce of trim. Very pleased indeed. Starting the cure now.

7 Likes

Great grow! Try a photoperiod next grow they will give you twice the quantity! They do take longer though but you can also practice some training and heavier defoliation with photoperiods! :eyes::seedling:

6 Likes

Thanks! I definitely will go for a photo plant next time. I was under time constraints for this one, so went for the quickest option. Turned out great, but definitely curious to see what I can do with a photo.

5 Likes