RGS Royal Gorilla Auto--1st Grow!

Got my Grobo last week and immediately started my 1st grow with an RGS Royal Gorilla Auto. I’m hoping to get away for a bit in August (if the COVID gods will allow), so wanted a fast strain. Looking good so far I think. Started in paper towel, transferred as soon as shell cracked and I could see tap root and she sprouted on day 3. A little concerned about nighttime temps–I have a heater on termostat (growing in garage), but my nighttime temps still seem to have ranges from 11-14 C (52-57F), but we’re in a cold snap, so that might improve. Humidity is also very low (21-24%), but I just got a humidifier, so hopefully that will help. These pics are from today, Day 5.

Very happy for any advice, and very psyched to be getting started!

5 Likes

Is it just in the garage or in a tent in the garage. The later will have a serious impact on helping humidity and temp

4 Likes

Just in the garage. Not ideal, I know, but I don’t know that a tent is really an option right now. I have gotten the daytime temps pretty regular (and am a little confused why the nighttime aren’t regulating, as the heater is on a thermostat). I wouldn’t have thought low humidity would be an issue in my climate, but the heater is likely the reason for that.

2 Likes

Where in canada do you live?

2 Likes

Not Canada. A green island across the Atlantic.

4 Likes

I made an assumption its all good. Based on your low humidity id buy thr cheapest tent you can for the garage. Maybe a 2x2x4. Will make a world of difference

3 Likes

But the machine is taller than 4 feet, isn’t it?

1 Like

No. I dont think so. Maybe its 2x2x5
Could measure it or look at website

3 Likes

Great :+1:t2: option that strain right there is amazing :wink: in high an taste literally just finished that strain​:+1:t2::dash::seedling:

3 Likes

Managed to get the RH up to 45% last night using the humidifier for the first time, so I think that’s probably going to be OK (my wife thinks it’s possible that it just got more humid out, but I don’t think that accounts for the shoft from around 20% to 45). Still need to work on nighttime temps though. The light being off makes more of a difference than I would have guessed–at least 5 degrees celsius, minimum. I think I just need to play with the timer and thermostat to get it right.

3 Likes

I think I’ve got the temperature issue under control. RH will continue to be a problem–45% is the absolute highest I can get it, it seems.

Nevertheless, we’re making very slow but steady progress. First water change last night.

3 Likes