Recently purchased Grobo has broken

Smoke broke out from the power supply

1 Like

Send a ticket into support. This happened to someone else and they overnighted a new one

1 Like

I do not know the contact information

Hey @20012001

Send an email support ticket to support@grobo.io and they can make arrangements with you.

3 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @20012001,

What’s the wall voltage in Japan where you live? Our devices have been tested exclusively on 120VAC 60 Hertz (standard North American outlet voltages) outlets to date

Regards,

Chris.

1 Like

Walls are 90-110 V

I am making 120 V available for this item

amazon

ELC T-5000 5000-Watt Voltage Converter Transformer - Step Up/Down - 110V/220V - Circuit Breaker Protection

@20012001,

:thinking::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hello @20012001, I responded to your emails in our support system but I wanted to throw a response here as well.

Because the unit is being used in a country that it is not certified for or tested for we are aren’t able to make recommendations on alternative power sources or possible work-around.

While users can bring units outside of Canada/US we think it is a bad idea due to the reasons listed below:

• It will void the warranty which greatly reduces our ability to assist with any issues that may occur

• We are unable to ship repair parts outside of US/Canada

• The unit isn’t electrically certified or tested to work in other countries so you run the risk of the unit not working or damaging the unit

• You may not be able to connect to WiFi and therefore not be able to use the unit as that feature hasn’t been tested on products and networks outside the US/Canada

• We will be unable to ship consumable items needed to grow in the unit outside the US/Canada

2 Likes