Raider Nation Grow Boxes

Just entering early veg.

Day 10

Day 7

Day 5

6 Likes

good start, definitely raise the pod 1/2 an inch to an inch.

4 Likes

I thought the instructions said the pod should be flush with the top of the lid. Should it be reversed and flush with the bottom of the funnel?

Do you have a picture :camera_flash:?

3 Likes

Ideally, you want the pod to start drying when your seedling is out and the tap root has poked out.
This is to avoid dampening off, it can be done multiple way, like placing a small fan directly at the top of the coco pod, paper towel, or the easier option, raising it a bit so it doesn’t get soaked by the bubble popping underneath the lid.

To be clear, you should still have it flush when you start your grow, but raising it is an easy and quick solution to avoid any issues when your seedling has emerged.

5 Likes

Roger that.

2 Likes

Flush with the lid for the first ten days normally @DRaider
At which point your young plant with no established immune system (roots) is susceptible to damping-off.
A good little article we put together here to explain what it is and how we designed Grobo to protect against it.

Worth the read!

5 Likes

You’ll notice in everyone’s photos who has overcome it and had a successful grow, the red band never really goes away. Plants are really cool what they can do and don’t do!

4 Likes

Day 15

I am growing in 2 boxes.
Same strain Bruce Banner Auto
I will keep 1 box as a control and the other as the variable.

“Just Win Baby” is the control box and will only get Grobo Nutes through the grow. All else will be the same.

“1983” will receive “Other A” nutes with the same environmental conditions as the control box.

I plan to do a 3rd box (Silver n Black), and use “Other B” nutes in 2 weeks. Wanted to spread things out some.

I want to see if nutes really make a difference. I will reveal the names of the nutes once I am done.

Just Win Baby - 15 Days

Just Win Baby - 15 Days

Just Win Baby - 15 Days

1983 - 12 Days

1983 - 12 Days

1983 - 12 Days

3 Likes

Day 26
Just Win Baby
Bruce Banner Auto
Grobo Nutes Only

***spots are from lighting

Day 26
Bruce Banner Auto
Test A Nutes Only
Topped Day 26

Processing: 20210919_093751.jpg…

Ph 5.5
PPM 700
Air temp 81 (lights on)
Water temp 78

Both plants are good to go
Going to transition both in 4 days.

3 Likes

9/22/21

All is good

The 3rd box :package: popped its seed and now we have 3 ladies growing. All with Bruce Banner Auto. All in the same environment.

Box #1
Just Win Baby - Grobo

Topped and trimmed. Responding very well. Standing at attention when I open the door :sunglasses:

Box #2
1983 - Nute Type A

Topped and trimmed. I cut some huge fan leaves away to allow light to hit the newly Topped nodes. Very bushy plant 🪴.

*** I know she looks tired. I just sprayed some magic healer on her… Plant is OK, I topped and cut just b4 the picture. Changed water 3 days ago. She is drinking… Discovered she had a low water :droplet: level and the PPM had increased to over 1000 in the last few days. I added more RO water. PPM at 750. She should be standing tall with new growth in 48 hours. Not sure why the Grobo App did not tell me my water level was low? :thinking:. I try not to look under the hood too much thinking the app would tell me when water or PPM were out of the normaly measured ranges.

Box #3
Silver n Black - Nute Type B

Just finished the 1st week of Germ. Got her Dumbo Ears and she ready to triple in size the next few days.

HAVING loads of fun using the machine and figuring out how to make adjustments.

4 Likes

Awesome results so far!

Day 30
Trans wk 1

Silver n Black
Day 10
Germ wk 2

Day 30
Trans wk 1

Oakland - Grobo Start
Day 10
Germ
***damaged seed I am trying to recover for fun. Can’t plant for 2 months…

4 Likes

My girls are doing quite well. Grobo is keeping all of them lush green and growing.

Still trying to figure out the water top offs. Are they initiated by the sensors or are they just appointments on a planned calendar?

Anyone know?

@Todd.grobo
@STANK

4 Likes

4 days after your drain and fill you’ll get a notification that your plant is thirsty that is the top up notification.
You can use notifications to activate your fill but you have to wait till you get it which is usually around when you planted. If your doing it earlier or later then manually through maintenance / fill works well.

2 Likes

Forgive me but I’ve never received a top off notice. Last water change was super low. Should I be receiving a top off notice @Todd.grobo ? Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Are you in stage 2? Early veg

1 Like

@Todd.grobo, Yes, week 2 of transition.

I am going to extend but these are Autos…

They are starting to show signs of moving to flower :blossom: on their own. I think I will see white hairs in about a week.

Do you think :thinking: extend a week or let it go into flower?

3 Likes

Likely because in stage 2 you’re at the middle water level sensor, not the high water level sensor. Good catch

I would definitely extend them, they are happy but could be bigger before they go into transition! Maybe another 10-14 days more for the one in vegetation still. The ones in transition have been in transition for more than 5 days so I would not flip them back. You will definitely be able to see the difference between the three plants of the same strain now with the different cycles. Kind of a good idea for a first grow so you can see how each plant responds to different things.
*such as extending one and not the other two, etc

4 Likes

Hey Todd I know you said not to extend early veg since I am growing a auto but it is kind of looking like I should today is the last day of my early veg

1 Like

Post a photo @Hayden_Gregory Lets see her

2 Likes

I am going to post it under my Thread Northern lights auto

1 Like