Questions about first grow

My first grow in day 100 has hit the light in my grobo and no buds. What do I do now? Any ideas?

2 Likes

Hey :wave:,

Plant is looking beastly in there, sorry to hear about no buds.

A few questions, what strain are you growing? You mentioned it’s day (100), how many days left until harvest? Do you happen to know what stage your plant is currently in based on the recipe?

Did your plant experience any setbacks during the grow that may have caused the plant not to produce buds? This is a first I’ve seen something like this.

I’d reach out to support and get some pictures sent over to them and they’ll get you sorted out!

Wish you the best and hope there’s an answer to your questions!

2 Likes

Using a generic recipe. Stephen stretched it out 30 days. No setbacks I am aware of. No idea what is happening.

Interesting. This is above my knowledge level, so I would definitely work with the Grobo team to get this sorted out and figure out what did or did not take place with the grow.

Please keep us posted.

1 Like

Adding 30 days to reciepe with no setbacks seems unusual?

Are there any signs that it’s a male plant? Can you see any small bulb like sac forming anywhere on the plant?

Is there a chance this plant could have hermaphrodised at some point?

1 Like

Well maybe I misspoke. No setbacks other than it hasn’t flowered yet. He suggested I lollipop it and added 30 days to the generic recipe I am using.

@Growbot,
Mark this plant down in the ((#NotForGrobo)) Catagory… We don’t want to be hitting the lights with not a single bud on the Plant… :astonished: I thought ((Popcorn buds :popcorn:)) were bad enough… Let us know your outcome with the ((#GroboTeam))… Looks like we need to ((#RaiseTheRoof)) with this one…

2 Likes

Hey @Growbot

Looks like you have no recipe on the unit right now, what’s the status? For everyone else, these were my thoughts on October 25th…

The plant is looking really healthy, great job so far! Surprised to see that it is such a slow flower producer, usually see lots of white hairs and little buds forming by now. I’ve added an additional 30 days to your flower stage. We can keep an eye on your flower development and continue to adjust if needed. Might be a Sativa strain, they can take forever to flower and ripen. Patience is key. Your new expected harvest date is Dec. 12th.

I don’t think you have removed too many leaves either. I recommend removing all of the undergrowth that isn’t getting any direct light. Leave 1 foot of leafy canopy and remove the rest. (Measure from the top down) This is called lollipopping, because it makes your plant look like a lollipop!

3 Likes

@Growbot,

:wink:

4 Likes

Stephen,

Sorry for the confusion. Yesterday was day 100 and since the plant was hitting the top of my grobo, we decided to remove the plant altogether from the grobo and pot it. We will see if there are good results in the future. We are going to clean and restart the grobo and hopefully we will have better results. Thanks for all your help.

Richard

2 Likes

Ah, that makes sense. You gave me a fright when I went to check your data and she was gone! Good luck on the next run.

Stephen

1 Like

Hey. This is my first grow. I’m grown chemdawg and this is my 62 day into the grow. Should I be worried that I have not seen any bud production yet. I wonder if I pruned to much in weeks past. My plant dosnt seem all that tall either. It’s not even above the first fan in the Grobo. I feel that it looks nice and healthy but maybe I somehow stunted it’s growth. What you think? Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Here’s a different view. A side view to help you see full picture.

2 Likes

@Stephen,
Can you answer this question for @Pete?.. :thinking:

1 Like

Great video!!! I’ve just subscribed to his channel. So much to learn

2 Likes

Hey @Pete,

Looks like this little guy could have used another couple weeks in the veg stage to fill out a bit more. You have passed the transition stage and are 11 days into flower. I expect buds to start taking shape soon, but as several Champions have experienced, sometimes they take longer. @Azuri for example. Hang in there, she should start budding out soon.

Stephen

4 Likes

Thanks @Stephen.

If that’s the case do I do anything differently the next time a grow this strain. Or can I not control the time that it is in veg state at my end.

Hey @Pete,

We are not currently not opening up schedules for edits, but I can always assist you with schedule tweaks on your next run if we feel it’s needed. (It’s entirely up to you, I’ll just offer help/observations)

Stephen

1 Like

Need some advice. @Stephen. So my plant is finally budding. It’s been a couple weeks now. But it’s definetly not finished growing. According to the recipe it’s flushing my plant. Is that the right move at this point?

2 Likes