Question regarding Bottle#5/ Cal mag

Hi All,
Just curious question regarding bottle#5. I use RO water so bottle#5 does get used up. I was wondering if bottle#5 is cal mag. Can we just use our own cal mag before fills so bottle #5 won’t be needed or used up less?
Only asking because #5 is $9.99 plus shipping for 5 oz.
Cal mag plus 32 oz bottle for $18.56.
Like I said just a curious question.
Happy growing!!!

4 Likes

Theoretically yes that will work, I’m interested in what some of the champs have to say as to whether it’s a good idea or not. I would say you can do a test by mixing in your own cal/mag and seeing whether or not bottle 5 dispenses after your fill (if it does just, just perform another water change without adding third party cal/mag). I’m just not sure how important it is to keep cal/mag consistent (use the same type) during a grow, or if there is a risk of certain cal/mags reacting negatively with the Grobo nutrients.

3 Likes

Nah Grobo discourages using non Grobo nutes in its machine. Apparently it can lead to malfunctioning!

4 Likes

Do you consider that to include additives and beneficials like Mammoth P, PowerSi, Big Bud, etc…?

2 Likes

So I hear…

1 Like
 I’ve been on for a year and I’ve read that growers have used hydro guard. However I’ve never used anything in my Grobo, but distilled water and Grobo nutes. Again my thinking is less is best. Theory is Grobo sold me a unit that is suppose be a self- contained grow machine with little to no maintenance on my part as a grower. 

It’s suppose to simple and unfortunately it’s made out to be overwhelming and complicated.
It’s a great tool and the community is wonderful resource for anyone looking to expand their knowledge in the grow world with many very helpful people. My goal is medical however and I need then Grobo can provide, which is why I have an auto :camping: and a photo :tent:! A lot of my focus lies here…I’m thankful to community for giving me the skills to accomplish my little projects in a short time.

4 Likes

Got ya Mark, to each their own my friend! If I had a couple tents set up, I would probably do the same with my Grobo (if I used it at all). I don’t have a medical need to grow as dispensaries near by keep me completely satisfied. I have however discovered a burning interest to learn to cultivate at the highest levels of quality (I care less about quantity). Thus to satisfy this craving to learn I have over built my Grobo set up and utilize many additional additives and support items. I have a hunch that this urge to learn and push limits would be more than satisfied if I had a tent going also. That said, my Grobo grow is going to continue to get pushed to the max of its abilities, that is until I feel ready to set up a small tent to continue my personal growth as a cultivator.

6 Likes

It definitely would! I love my machine. I consider it a very expensive text book! :rofl: as far as quality! I match my grow to any dispensary in the area and there are plenty! I’m just tired of paying 400 ounces!!!

5 Likes

I understand grobo states to not use non grobo nutes. But yet I have still added revive,recharge, hydroguard when needed.
I appreciate the feed back.
Thank you Mark for the info.

3 Likes

I appreciate the feed back. I wasn’t planning on trying it until warranty expired.lol after that who knows might go manual since grobo is becoming expensive for all necessities needed just for grobo to function. I noticed some growers have switched to there own. But I want to make sure my grobo is fully functional before I screw up my warranty.

2 Likes

Understood, to justify the shipping cost, I ordered 3 sets of bottles 3, 4, and 5. Shipping stays the same no matter how many you order.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the advice.

2 Likes

I’m planning to order a few bottles and coco pods as backup.

2 Likes

I had thought about the same to be honest. My warranty is up, and when my nutes run out I was wanting to try something else. Just gotta make sure you find what’s best suited for the box. Reemo nutrients are good for Dwc I’ve heard, I know someone who’s using it, not for Dwc, but is having great results.

I honestly don’t see much of an issue, just need to make sure your not over dosing is all and test the pH constantly. Unless you’re wanting to leave that part up to the grobo

2 Likes

Hi Russel,
Ok thanks for the feedback.

1 Like