Putting a clone into a grobo

Hi all. A friend of mine is giving me a clone of Prayer Pupil. I believe he has cloned it in rock wool cubes and as we know the grobo is designed to fit a Coco pod. Was wondering what I should do. Don’t think transferring it to a Coco pod is very wise, but worried that the rock wool won’t fit properly and either fall through or let light intl the reservoir…

Any suggestions? Has anyone been there?

2 Likes

Correction. He grew the clone in one of those foam clone plugs…

It might just be a collar around the stem if that’s the case.

Somewhere on the forum here is a short instruction from @SilverGrobo showing how to slice the cocopod to insert the roots/etc… trying to find it

3 Likes

Here it is: https://www.allgrowers.com/t/7th-day-of-germination/5349/9?u=vegetato

4 Likes

Dont forget their are clone recipes

3 Likes

Yes I know…

1 Like

Well I successfully got the clone into a Coco pod and in the grobo…

Wish her luck… she has already started showing new roots reaching the water…

Her journal is public and can be found here

7 Likes

@liddellOnus,

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/prayer-pupil-clone/6002/2?u=silvergrobo

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/putting-a-clone-into-a-grobo/5950/7?u=silvergrobo

• ((#ChampionsGotYouCovered)): :clap:

image vegetato Champion

image :blush: (MuchLoveGrowFam): :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart:

image ToddYYC Champion

--

• (Thank-You So Much @liddellOnus I will do that): (@fuz has a clone in now): :white_check_mark: :green_thumb: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart: (Ticket [:ticket:] Is In): :white_check_mark:

--

:warning:

3 Likes

Note, it looks like the recipe was messed up and never added nutrients to the first water fill. Never would have noticed of not for a support ticket on my other unit. But word of caution to anyone doing a recipe from clone, you may want to reach out to support and have them check your ec levels and insure the recipe is right if you do a clone

2 Likes

Well my little Charlie Brown clone of Prayer pupil has adjusted well…

Originally:

Today:

What do you all think… should I start transition soon, how tall should I let this indica dominant strain before transition?

8 Likes

Incredible recovery, nice work. Will be interested to see how it stretches as compared to a indica dom. from seed.

2 Likes

From what I was told, her mother did not stretch much.

Here she is 7 days into flower.

4 Likes

Looking great, what day are you on overall?

1 Like

59 overall, day 7 of flower

1 Like

Any extending of schedule at all?

All in the journal…
Check out my latest grow photos! Grow Journal - 'Prayer Pupil (Hybrid)'

1 Like

Just reviewed it, still amazed at the recovery. Did you extend early and late Veg but flip to following stages without completing extended time periods? (If completed it appears you’re on day 81). I’m sorry for all of the questions just trying to gauge the speed of growth cycle vs. seed growth.

1 Like

I just eyeballed her height and when she was above the second fan I switched her to transition

2 Likes

Harvested this baby…

7 Likes