Pump #4 Pumping the Wrong Way [RESOLVED]

Nice to find out on day 18 that the pump for bottle #4 is pumping water from the reservoir into the nute bottle.

@bjorn how is the even possible? I really hope I get compensated for my seed, and the wasted nute’s. Baffled how something like this can make it past QA.

4 Likes

Polarity is reversed on the electrical side.

1 Like

@dukz009 That’s what I was figuring, but still doesn’t make it anywhere near acceptable.

1 Like

This is what happened, it was overflowing into the lower part of the Grobo before I was able to stop it.

2 Likes

The brown stuff in the bottle is the Recharge that was mixed in my reservoir when I did the drain and fill.

It might also be where the hoses meet the pump, those connections could be reversed…

1 Like

They are set up the same way as the other 4 pumps. Betting they were wired backwards, reversing the polarity.

1 Like

Agreed! Discharge could be on supply and supply on discharge. See this at work a lot…! :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Not having looked at this section of the machine in detail, are the wires soldered in place or can they be easily unplugged and reversed? @dukz009 you had to open yours up recently, did you happen to notice?

1 Like

Honestly didn’t look for the exact connectors for the nutes but I did notice that they’re all wired to connectors. The “click in” type connectors with the small engagement pin.

3 Likes

I’m assuming the 1 to 5 connectors are the nutes? DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS As this is an assumption.

1 Like

@VermontGrobo perhaps check your plugs and see if the one powering that pump looks opposite from the others.

1 Like

@VermontGrobo - I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had this issue. It should have been caught in QC so we will certainly look into that.

If you reach out to us at support@grobo.io we’ll get you fixed up with more nutrients and they can send a proper guide on how to fix this.

There should be no reason to open up your unit at all. The issue is most likely that the hoses are installed backwards. The one that’s installed in the bottle should have been installed into the tank and vice-versa. The fix will be to reverse those two hoses.

Just shoot us an email and you’ll be sorted out in no time. Your plant looks healthy right now and should make it through!

4 Likes

Easy fix :+1:

2 Likes

@bjorn I reversed the hoses for bottle 4, testing it now to see if it is fixed.

3 Likes

Awesome!

Our support team can also help you test if you’d like. Let us know how it goes!

1 Like

@bjorn it wouldn’t hurt for future machines to add an extra 1/2 to 3/4 inches to the tube that is in the reservoir. I was able to get them reversed, but the one in the nute bottle doesn’t have any play to it, not pinched off. I’ll post a pic in a minute, the tube is long enough to reach the bottom of the bottle, but if it was bottle 1 or 5 it may not have reached all the way to the bottom.

@bjorn here’s what it looks like now.

1 Like

@bjorn I also checked the connection to the pump and it is connected the same way as the other 4 pumps, so it looks like somehow the polarity for that one pump got reversed. After this grow is done I may pop the back open to see if the wiring for #4, specifically the connection to the mobo, has the black and white wires reversed at the plug.

2 Likes

@VermontGrobo,

• (So Sorry This Happened To You): :scream:

--

1 Like