Prism / Wappa and Super Skunk - Tent organic LOS

It would not normal be so hot per say. However, the smoke is back so no windows open. Ac coming in 2 weeks. Well aware of that privilege.

3 Likes

You figure its only hurting the front right prism one hey @FireGuy

2 Likes

I think she’s the least happy, however they all look good to me! From the depth perception I can get from the photo, she looks a little shorter and less filled out, but still happy. Was that the one that was stunted earlier?

Edit: Scrolled up and it was the SS that had issues. Maybe just some weaker genetics in that one Wappa?

2 Likes

Any concerns of root rot or other issues if the temps are that high?

3 Likes

Both bushy on left are wappa. Bck right was the stunted suprr skunk snd front just looks bushy. Twice as many sites but half the height. Like 9 days to flower and a transplant and a major cutting

2 Likes

The smoke blocks a lot of sun but the heat is so bad its just frying stuff. You should see the squashes every afternoon.

2 Likes

Tbh not at all yet. Hadnt even considered it. Hydro sure. For Organic its probably warm but they seem well enough. Drinking evey day or two.

3 Likes

Pretty sure root rot in soil is not caused by temps. Was reading this after @Aang posted and I’m pretty sure you’ve got all these covered.

You can lessen the risk of root rot with some preventative measures:

• Have healthy soil with beneficial microbe and bacteria populations. These populations help keep the fungus responsible for root rot under control.
  • Water your plants correctly. This means measuring the amount of water given each plant and observing day to day how plants respond. It’s better to see a plant begin to wilt than to overwater plants.
  • Have breathable soil. Growing in smart pots and adding perlite to soil are two ways to help facilitate oxygen flow and allow soil to drain properly.

Also read this in the same article and it sparked some interest for me if I ever do soil.

Give your roots some friends

Plant roots interact directly with mycelium, the substance mushrooms sprout from. Mycelium helps make nutrients available to plant roots and helps roots find water. In exchange, a plant sends down carbon, helping mycelium grow and expand its own network.

This symbiotic relationship—called mycorrhiza—is important in keeping roots healthy so they can access all available nutrients.

Complete soils contain mycelium and are a good way to start using it. There are also mycorrhizal powders that can be added to soil when potting plants.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info @FireGuy!

3 Likes

@FireGuy you should see how the mycelium has benefited them theyre little things everywhere. I noticed when top dressing them. I also added more to the top dressing. I do feel the root mass is considerably larger or stronger this grow.

3 Likes

Agreed!

3 Likes

It’s making me curious if I could inoculate the substrate with mushroom liquid culture and grow them at the same time. Don’t think it would work as they would be fighting for nutrients and the mycelium would eventually take over (I think), but there’s going to be some internet researching for me this week.

3 Likes

You watched fantastic fungi on netflix yet? Its pretty slick

3 Likes

Nope, but adding it to my list RIGHT NOW!

I have watched pretty much every interview or lecture Paul Stamets has ever done though, guy is a mushroom GENIUS!

2 Likes

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

3 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation, just watched it. Highly enjoyable!

3 Likes

Wow 7 weeks already… Where does the time go… Looking good Todd

4 Likes

I think there begging to be transplanted what do you think @Mpower11

Drying out every 24 hrs.

4 Likes

How long have you been in this pot? what size is it?

2 Likes

Planted July 2
Transplanted from 0.5-gallon pots to 1.5-gallon pots on July 23
They have been in these pots for 4 weeks. I am hoping to hold off 9 more days before transplant but thinking they need it now. The leaves go droopy when thirsty, but they also go droopy like this later in the day. Light is not full power or anything it’s not the light.
I thought the yellowing on the bottom was a sign they want something they’re not getting

3 Likes