Power issue

So my power supply fell into water and my power adapter is dead and I’m trying to buy anew one but it doesn’t appear to exist? I like to get a new one but the holiday is here and I don’t think anyone is in office? What can I do? I would like to get one shipped like an hour ago?

1 Like

You’re gonna have to open a ticket and request one be sent, parts like that aren’t on the main page but they will gladly send you one…I doubt that’s covered by warranty so it will likely cost out of pocket I would imagine. Unfortunately as you know there is no one in the office for the next couple of days, so you’re gonna have to wait

Have you tried putting the power adapter in white rice to suck out the moisture? There’s a chance it might just be wet… I mean, it can work for cell phones and other electronics… No idea if it will even be safe to use after but it might be worth a try?

4 Likes

Good thinking but I’m good with electricity and tested the power adapter by opening it up and see if current was running through it and it wasn’t and it was burnt, so yeah it’s toast! Ill just have to get a new one.

Thanks for your help

4 Likes

That plant is going to die isn’t it!

If you put an out of box aerator/bubbler in the bottom and give the plant a little light every day youll be ok. The bubbler is mandatory though or plant will die.

4 Likes

Here are a couple tips for you:

Please take your lid (with the plant inside) out of your unit to air out the roots for 20-30 minutes every 8 hours. That way, they will be able to breathe while the bubbler is not functioning.

Please take a cup and manually lower your Grobo’s reservoir volume by 10%. This will give your plant roots some air time when it’s back inside the Grobo, allowing for it to receive oxygen.

Keep the door shut during the day, the biggest thing right now is to not let any extra light in when she is sleeping. Missing out on her usual light is kinda like having a cloudy/stormy day for an outside grower. Not a huge deal.

Good luck!
Stephen @Stephen

4 Likes

Thanks fellas I’ll try that

1 Like

Sorry to hear that… I guess that’s a good thing that you were able to confirm it… I would probably not feel safe using it after that in case of some kind of electrical fire or something… is that a potential risk with something that got wet? Or am I just making that up, lol?

2 Likes

Ok I’m going to show you what I did. I figured that my other plant is about in the same stage of life so I just put a bubbler and put gh nutrients in water. The times are different for the plants though. The tent is on 11am to 11pm while grobo was 5 to 5. So what you guys think? Better than dead right!

5 Likes

Well shit you should be good if you have a tent too! Looks like a nice makeshift way to save her! I don’t think you have much of an option but to let her adjust to the new light schedule and hope for the best. I would hope she doesn’t herm out or anything due to the stress though, keep an eye out so she doesn’t end up pollinating your other plant… should be able to catch that way in time I would imagine.

3 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

Your setup will keep her alive. Changing lighting time won’t cause any issues

3 Likes