Pod is soaked

I lost my first plant after almost 30 days do to an over saturate pod which caused “dampening off”. Ive started another grow which is 7 days old. The pod is soaked!! again. Ive lowered the water level by three solo cups worth and shortened the pod so that it’s flush with the bottom of the insert in the lid. None of that has helped. It is soaked to the touch and if pushed on the top water runs out. At this rate Im sure this plant won’t make it either. Seeds are expensive and time is wasting. I need to get this resolved ASAP. Please help as this is the second time I’ve asked. Thanks Kevin

3 Likes

3543EEBA-CBC7-4694-9743-79446681121A.jpeg3024×4032 2.23 MB

Hey @Kevin,
I feel your pain. I have a couple things to check/might help.
-Did you give the coco pod a good squeeze after soaking before putting said seed in? You want the pod damp not soaked.
-Followed the recipe and did no top offs of h2o during the germinating/early veg phase. (The tank should be at low fill sensor) I even let it get a ways below that if you have healthy root growth as it makes them stretch for water.
-Was the seed down in the coco pod at the right depth? To high up and this exposes more stem plus come leaves plus air movement which can actually assist with damping off from my experience based on what happened to my last seed. To low and it will waste to much energy getting to the surface. I hope you have better luck!

1 Like

I did everything you mention correctly. When it filled however it fill to the second censor but I took a lot out. No topping off. Something is wrong! What can I do to save this grow and time?? It’s soaked!!

If you think its filling incorrectly I would send them a ticket asap- support.grobo.io

3 Likes

I did. Thanks

2 Likes

Is there a sticker where the coco pod sits?

No, mine should be flush with the top.

1 Like

No. Mine is supposed to be flush.

2 Likes