Plant is dying! Help! [RESOLVED]

@Azuri saving the best for last :point_up:t4:

4 Likes

This is what I removed…

Should I extend early veg? & you guys think I should top or wait?

3 Likes

Naa, just keep an eye for a couple days, new growth looks good and she’s got that beautiful deep green color :+1::v::man_dancing::man_dancing:

5 Likes

Matter of fact, I’d top/fim her now too :+1:

5 Likes

Just topped her but im pretty sure it was more of a fim lol

5 Likes

Hey grow fam, just an update after topping. Im still getting some discoloration, wanted your opinions on the matter? Thanks fam :green_heart::100:

3 Likes

Your plant appears to have Nutrient deficiencies, probably Calcium or Manganese or could very well be pH fluctuations as suggested by Chris which would result in spotting on fan leaves. Since you’ve already removed the old spotted leaves and these are new the issue has not been corrected.

You’ll want to submit a help desk ticket to have your secret data looked at. Plants still pushing along w/ new growth so nothing to fret about yet although definitely not ideal.

At this stage not much should have emptied into your reservoir from your nutrient bottles. All of them should be more than half full depending on what type of water you’re using.

It’s a Holiday today so I do not think you’ll get a helpdesk response today.

3 Likes

@Stephen any ideas?

1 Like

@stephen submitted a ticket, still getting some discoloring & caught a handful of tiny orange flies two days ago, peppermint oil seems to be keeping them away. Updated photos, thanks fam :green_heart::raised_hands:t4::100:

2 Likes

Could cut the lower two till support answers. Dead plant matter isn’t to friendly I’ve heard. When did u put bottles back into unit? Could be from previous concern and still recovering🤷‍♂️

6 Likes

This plant is troubled. Looks like the top 2-3 nodes are okay and free of the deficiencies or ph problems.

Everything below Is spotting and should be removed. Those leaves are no longer helping your plant.

Sorry you’re having such trouble with this grow

brown spot’s staring at the tips moving onwards can be many things, a Manganese/potassium deficiency or you can be heading for a lock-out from PH problems and this is the warning sign Or could be calcium.

nutrient lock-out, or possibly toxicity, likely due to a pH imbalance. Are you measuring the pH of your water?

Based on the pictures above and the more I look at charts, this is very likely what is going on, a pH nutrient lock-out. Most likely a phosphorous, potassium or zinc deficiency, or maybe all of them and more, again very likely pH related.

3 Likes

Will definitely be cutting out spotted leafs, still waiting on an answer from support. Thanks guys.

4 Likes

I think she’ll recover just fine @Hazy_Hoose :+1:

4 Likes

Quick update guys, clipped away the old spotted leaves. Im still getting slight discoloring but still growing green in most spots. Still submitting tickets & keeping in touch with support.

4 Likes

Hmm pH may still be off just a touch but doesn’t seem to be affecting new growth anymore- Also and this is just me but you want to keep new growth above old if that makes sense. You could stand to ‘move’ or bend some of the bigger fan leaves out of the way and the ones that are discolored you’ll be cutting off very soon anyways. :+1:

3 Likes

Update guys, @Stephen adjusted my recipe, just did a drain & fill as well as cut out some of the discolored lower growth. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks grow family :green_heart::raised_hands:t4::100:

5 Likes

@Thigmo also earlier post, same plant

2 Likes

Awesome!! So you’re less than one week behind my Barbie(what I named her)

3 Likes

I had the same discoloration on one leaf

3 Likes