Plant Grew too tall

I went out of town last week for about 4 days. Came bk my grobo wouldn’t connect to the wifi. So it took me like 2days to get it bk connected. I did a factory reset and it was stuck on the fuschia pink light during tht time. After getting it bk connected the plant grew tall as hell. Its week 9 of the home stretch. It hadn’t been on the correct light schedule. 12hrs light, then 12hrs dark. I updated the lights in the settings today and now it’s on par with recipe. But my plat grown tall as hell. Is there anyway I can salvage this grow, or do I chop um down and sadly start it over?

3 Likes

Your best bet at the moment is possibly to attempt a supercrop:

Some other options would be to use magnetic hooks down lower on the branches to pull them down a bit and hold them in place, or plant ties to tie your plant down horizontally. They can take quite a bit of bending especially at this stage, you’d be surprised how strong they are. You’re gonna have to be careful not to snap a branch, and even when Low stress training using your thumb and forefinger to soften the area you’re bending helps a lot.

The plus side to all this is that you don’t have a massive bush in there so you have lots of room to work with.

If you take one of those Grobo wires and put it up towards the height of where the middle of your plant is, then bend those branches down horizontally and tie them in place that might be a good way to start, you might not need to fully supercrop.

Just brainstorming here…

3 Likes

Ty for the good ideas

1 Like

Sounds like you had some troubles with your unit for sure but sounds like you did a great job of getting it resolved quickly. I think your huge stretch actually had little to do with that though. Are you growing an auto or photo? If its a photo it would likely keep stretching with the light settings staying on 18/6 schedule. Now that its 12/12, it should stop stretching. If its an auto you will want to switch it back to 18/6 bc it needs to stay in that. You will see a lot of people, including myself, have had trouble keeping them from stretching all the way to the lights. @pyromancy nailed it with the tips. I personally can’t think of anything extra I would do.

1 Like

Glad we got your light squared away :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. @vegetato @SilverGrobo @Todd.grobo any thoughts on this? (@Grindz and I have discussed it at length via private message)

3 Likes

Looks like it just needs a supercropping to me, maybe watch for any signs of revegging if light schedule was really off.

2 Likes

@Grindz how long exactly were the lights on 24/7?

1 Like

Yea it was 24/7 for like 4 possibly 5 days at the most.

I know thts what saved it. If I would have know what u told me a day or 2 sooner. It be all good.

3 Likes

4 to 5 days is quite a bit brother. @vegetato your thoughts?

1 Like

Is it an auto or photo? If it’s an auto it probably won’t care. If it’s a photo we’ll need pics for a week or two to see if the “round single leaves” come out.

1 Like

Check out this page to see examples of what it looks like:

Really hard to say if it will or won’t, I’d like to say probably not but it’s more like we’ll see. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s not an auto.

I took a stab at the super crop method. Knowing me I probably screwed it up.

5 Likes

That’s a good first attempt at supercropping, great job!

Within a day or two they’ll start angling back upward. When they do you can just pull them back down a little bit.

5 Likes

Looking good @Grindz nice job. Like @vegetato it will start to push upwards again but just keep fighting for the ground and tying it down… till the stretch is over.

Hope everything works out with your light schedule mess up…

3 Likes

Yea, thats my bad. I thought for some reason it was only several hours, not days. Definitely could have a big impact on the situation but like everyone else said, nice start to hopefully a great save :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Thnx everyone. Yall building my moral up again about the situation.

2 Likes

I say its totally their call. They can see the plant for themselves and have their own experience
I would likely finish what i could assuming the unit is good

2 Likes

After the 12hr dark period since I tried the super cropping method. I think it’s really showing good signs. Heres a b4 and after. Look at how the top of one of the super cropped branches grew upwards. Even in the darkness. Crazy.

4 Likes