Pineapple Express. First Grow

Hi Growers,

Thought I’d show you my grow so far. I am growing Pineapple Express fem, currently on day 45 (7/14 transition). I’ve only gown outdoors, this is my first attempt inside. wish me luck.

12 Likes

Looks good! Some plants grow at slower rates. You should have extended late vegatation at least until it hit the second fan. I wouldn’t switch it back now but for future reference u can modify recipe as grow progresses. Everyone in this forum is super helpful so if you’ll post pictures and updates earlier we can help. @Demon

4 Likes

Your plant was moved to transition too soon.
Are you working with a photoperiod or a Auto?
Either way it wasnt ready for transition.
The recipes are just a starting point you really have to listen/learn your plants needs.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I wasn’t sure you could actually modify anything in terms of the grow (except light hours)

1 Like

I am working with a Fem seed, no auto. How am I supposed to know when I can transition? Again I’m used to growing outdoors, with the sun. I’ve never had to use indoor lights before. What’s the point of having a recipe if it doesn’t work properly? Especially if you’re a first time grower. This machine was built for that.

@Stephen is there something on your end that could help me out?

3 Likes

The recipe is a starting point for your plant but all plants grow at there own pace even when growing the exact same strain it will vary.
You will find a rythem quicker if you keep you use the journal on the app to refer back to later.
A quick and easy way to know when to move to transition is when your plant is half the size you want it to end up in harvest.
Typically to the bottom of the second fan for sativa and to the top of the second fan for indica, hybrid & 50/50.

4 Likes

Hey @Demon,

You can shoot an email over to support@grobo.io and I can assist. Great advice from @Bplatinum9 and @Fresh here.

Cheers,
Stephen

2 Likes

Hey @Demon,

Just responded to your ticket.

TLDR; Unit is fine, plant looks good. Add time to veg stages until the 2nd fan is reached. Topping requires you to add 2 weeks, as it stresses the plant and adjusts growth

Cheers,
Stephen

2 Likes

@Demon,

((#TeamHasGotYouCovered)): :clap:

((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent: (Congratulations): (:handshake:)

((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :herb::seedling:(:eyes:)

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

2 Likes

Pretty sure @SilverGrobo has just found the problem!
No pump/bubbles!

2 Likes

The picture of the root system was taken when filling. That’s why you don’t see bubbles. I can assure you they are there.

3 Likes

Since consulting with Stephen I have extended the transition period by 2 weeks. I have minimal growth when it comes to height, however it’s turning into a shrubbery.

I have also installed a thermometer/humidity gauge a couple weeks ago. More recently I also installed a water thermometer.

I have been noticing that I have a small “fuzz” growing on the coco pod. It only seems to flair you when it’s humid. I’ve wiped it off according to a couple of users on the AG forum, although I have seen a post say it’s supposed to be beneficial.

Pictures posed are day 59 (transition 19/28) during a drain/fill. Before and after if a trim.

Average temp: 20 C
Average humidity: 50.5%
Water temp av: 17.8 C

Average room temp: 18 C

:grin::man_shrugging:t2::thinking::herb:

6 Likes

The fuzzy stuff is mold and not good for your plant at all, but the hard dry white stuff is beneficial.

1 Like

Take a pic of what’s on your coco pod. There’s a better chance it’s nothing bad at all. Everyone on here gets it. I’ve never wiped it off any of my grows and I know others haven’t either. It’s been asked so many times and lots of conflicting answers. But I’m willing to bet that it’s nothing to worry about

1 Like

Ok, so it’s been a bit longer on the update. As of now she is about 27cm (approx 11 in). She’s still shy of hitting the second fan. I feel like she’s in covid quarantine too, Groundhog Day over and over in the never-ending transition period.

Other good news, I’ve slowed on the pruning so she will stop healing and grow. It seems to have worked, I can see all new growth everyday. The netting I installed has also worked wonders in training and separation of the colas, I can separate 11 atm. I have added another netting to support the higher branches. I’ll start to shift them higher in the coming days.

The main stem is getting very thick and strong, getting ready to support some big buds hopefully.

Now to the cons…

So the mould comes back every couple of days depending on the humidity. I’ve been wiping it off with some Kleenex.

I have been noticing some burnt tips, nothing to be worried about as it’s only a few leaves. I did see some odd ripping is other leaves. To me this looks like some sort of pest. I cannot seem to figure it out since there other evidence to support that theory.

So now. I’ve extended the transition period for another week (hopefully the last).

Any other suggestions besides patience?

(#ItIsAlive): :seedling: :herb:

4 Likes

Are you talking about mold on the leaves? Or the coco pod? If it’s the coco pod just leave it, it’s normal bacteria growth on it and you don’t need to worry about it. As for the burnt tips, that’s pretty normal too just means it has minor nute burn. Just make sure that it doesn’t keep spreading up the leaf but most of yours will get it eventually, we all tend to.

1 Like

How long has the scrog net been in place?

the ripping on some leaves could be from the sharp edges on the net is my thought. when tying down a leaf or branch it’s best to use flexible material or at least something that the plant won’t cut itself on

maybe try removing the pointy parts from scrog

2 Likes

I installed the netting May 26, I see how the sharper edges could be a problem. I can try to flush them out in the future. I tend not to tie down anything will cut through the plant, learned the hard way years ago.

1 Like

I don’t find any mould on the leaves, I’m talking about the pod fuzz. I figured it was a normal thing, however some people have said otherwise. I have noticed that it spikes the higher the humidity.

1 Like

I’d even say to sand it down a little bit after snipping those pointy parts off. My guess is that the leaves swiped against the sharp edge and cut themselves that way. It doesn’t take much to damage a leaf, that’s why most scrogs are made from rope or string.

That tearing can also happen when leaves sometimes get stuck together and eventually pull apart from each other as they are growing.

2 Likes