Outdoor grow 2020

Got the ladies outside. Transplanted my clones yesterday, they weren’t looking too happy, I think they just had enough of the solo cups, lots of roots. Going to do my little sprouts today.
I’m using soil from a local company called stepwell soil. It’s an organic living soil that I will be dressing with their veg and bloom top dressings and microbes (helps activate the soil so it can break down the nutrients for my girls) so we’ll see how it goes! They’ve formulated it so that it’s perfect for cannabis but can be used in other applications as well

11 Likes

@Russel_Richardson,

((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent: ((#TheyAreAlive)): ((#OneForAll)):

((#StillWatchingYouGrow)): :herb:(:eyes:):sparkling_heart:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

3 Likes

That’s very nice. I planted mine last weekend. I used the same soil too!

5 Likes

Where’d you get this stuff? I’ve read about Kryptonite, an organic living soil that all you have to do is add water. Russ will you be using compost teas at all?

1 Like

Nice! :+1: @Demon
@Flyers28 My local hydroponics store carries it. But I just ordered it from their website and I got it in a couple days to my door! They have like a kit you can get with the top dressings and the bottle of microbe booster, which is recommended if your not using like a 20+ gal pot. The dressings etc help get the soil going in smaller containers . I won’t be using any teas I just want to run what they’re offering first. This is a first with organic soil for me so I don’t wanna get too crazy with it lol. Looks up destiny organics dark matter soil, it’s really good but just $$. The stepwell was in my price range lol

2 Likes

Nice. It’s good to have some guidance. I’m just kinda flying by the seat of my pants so to speak but it’s going pretty good. It was more of an isolation project to go with the grobo, so learning as I go! Watching you grow and using your advice as always :beers:

1 Like

This forum is excellent for advice and guidance. If you wanted to get some reading and a little more knowledge, I highly recommend picking up The Cannabis Grow Bible 3rd edition. It’ll definitely take you down the rabbit hole. :grin::crazy_face::herb: :rabbit2: :hole:

5 Likes

Little update on my outdoor babies.
The two clones certainly perked up, have been loving the top dressing and foliar spray I’ve been using via stepwell soil. Using the foliar spray every 2-3 days and no visible issues :+1:
Ayahuasca purple

Super Lemon Haze

My two seedlings are doing pretty good, the Sugar Black Rose early seems to be growing at a faster rate. I’ve topped her and might take off the bottom two branches and then let her do her thing after that. The Sundae Driver has encountered an issue. Apparently an ant colony has found its way into the pot, which I can’t understand how or why as there’s nothing like aphids on the plant to attract them. So I’m currently battling them in her pot and idk maybe that’s attributing to the slower growth. I don’t think I’ll top her just due to the length of time it’s taking for each node. Branches coming out of the nodes is substantially slower as well compared to the SBR.
Sugar Black Rose Early

Sundae Driver

I will say the growth that is happening is super tight and compressed compared to the other girls. Very thick “bubbly” leafy structure to it.

7 Likes

Do you have a link for the spray?

1 Like

Hey @Bplatinum9 it’s supposed to be used in conjunction with the stepwell soil products. Right now it’s used as a foliar spray and to mist to top of the soil when I’m adding the top dressing, then I’ll eventually use it to water into the plants during flower, that being said I don’t think it would be beneficial unless using their stuff. It can still be used for outdoors but the guide they gave is for indoor I’m just following it loosely based on environmental stuff. But I have been spraying every 2-3 days since they’ve been in

3 Likes

Thanks so much! My brother wanted an outdoor grow and it sounded like a good find but if you don’t think it will work without the other products we may have to find something else!

1 Like

Yeah it’s to activate the microbes in the soil I believe, it’s an organic living soil. I’m currently waiting on some clover to add as a cover crop to help keep the soil healthy. But I’m sure there’s something that can be used for your brother, I’m new to foliar sprays and that type of stuff

1 Like

Me too ive never been big on chemicals and toxins but he plans on a backyard deck grow and wants to hide them on my enclosed back porch at night away from thieves.

1 Like

Yeah exactly why I wanted to try this company out, being all organic, and for me they’re local(ish). They’re based out of Toronto.
Good luck keeping it safe (you think it’ll be an issue?)

1 Like

Not if he brings them in but I was worried about the bugs and the amount of heat on the enclosed porch.

1 Like

Yeah bugs could be a thing. Mine was in the ground last year but no way I could have brought it in. So many bugs lol

1 Like

My back yard is like a jungle, I could fit another house and a half back there so there is always possums, ground hogs, rabbits, raccoon, deer, squirrels and birds running around back there. They eat up anything I plant.
So were gonna stick to pots on the deck, wish me luck!

3 Likes

Oh wow that’s cool!
Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:. I have rabbits in my backyard and I tried feeding them leaves from my last plant, I left it near their hole…they didn’t touch one I don’t think lol. Ground hogs and deer though would probably eat them I would guess if they wanted lol

2 Likes

Been a while since I’ve updated anything, just been busy with life etc. Here’s some pics of the outdoor gals, I’ll do the two seeded ones first and then the two clones.

Sugar black Rose (early)
She’s been truely flowering for about a week I would say, when I noticed anyway. One spot has started to turn a bit purple and the hairs coming out are like a red wine colour, I’m hoping it translates to the rest of the plant! If all goes well she might be finished the first/second week of September :crossed_fingers:

Now for the runt of the bunch, Sundae Driver
She had a tough beginning but has been growing pretty well in the last month, picked up, and showing less signs of deficiencies. I believe I was under watering, just not soaking them enough at one time. Still aren’t seeing any pistols yet but we’ll see

And the clones, or cannabis hedges lol
First up is Super lemon haze

Last but not least the Ayahuasca purple

The two “top shots” of my clones are switched, hard to differentiate the thumbnails on my phone but you get the gist of it :+1: lol

7 Likes

Very nice pictures! Thanks

1 Like