Here’s some pics from my non-grobo grow.
Started germinating in a smaller cabinet temporarily while doing some planning and research. They’re now in a 2x2x5 tent.
These are seeds from an earlier grow, both are same age and have shown white hairs out of first pistils.
The larger one was topped twice, the smaller one once.
The smaller one was stunted before even being planted, half of her taproot fell off while soaking in shot glass prior to planting.
I’m still getting used to the settings and height of the LED array. When they were sprouting it was set to be too dim or could’ve been lowered to avoid the initial stretching that took place.
The plan is to add a support system for the stems and to raise up the smaller one a bit now that I have an idea of how big they’ll be.
Dealt with a pH/nute issue earlier on as well, which gave me a greater appreciation for how much easier or less stressful things such as this are to deal with in the grobo. Have thought to myself “it’d be nice to just drain/fill with new water right about now” at least a few times while tending to these two.
- The plant these seeds came from grew in the same nutes/medium earlier in the year outdoors and the only real issue with her were the bugs attacking.
- This particular batch of soil was baked (at 180° internal temp) and then treated with a tea/innoculant to restore so that could be part of why they’re behaving differently to the same nutrients and soil.
- My suspicion is that I’m causing a (potassium) lockout somehow because after cutting back on nutes the problem just lessens slightly, and so far flushing has been the only thing that clears it up.
The nutrient regiment is just the AN pH perfect 3-part series, using slightly less than recommended but not by much.
The growing medium is a few gallons from a larger batch of this (32L or 9 gallons total) made earlier in the year for my summertime grow:
- 10L Pro-Mix Organic Vegetable & Herb Mix
- 10L Pro-Mix Vermaculite
- 10L Pro-Mix BX
- 2L Gaia Green Earthworm Castings
There is a bit less than 3 gallons used in the larger pot and closer to 1L in the smaller pot.
Once these two are complete the plan is to eliminate the soil and upgrade to DWC or aeroponics.
Would be interested to hear others thoughts on what the issue might be.