Orions’ Northern Lights

@miami5th here are stem pictures I took this afternoon after water change 14hrs ago…

And here are the pics of the dying and spots on the leaves. I don’t recall seeing this before but other than that, the new growth looks healthy…

8 Likes

Looking good! Thanks!

4 Likes

Hey there… are you sure your #5 bottle has been dispensing properly ?

This looks spot on to a Calcium deficiency, one of the most accurate depictions I’ve seen on AG compared to the pics:

Orange tips and burnt orange spots.

If your bottle #5 has been dispensing, you may potentially do a pH health check and make sure it’s calibrated. Maybe Calcium isn’t available if the pH reading is too high, but others like Nitrogen, Phosphorous, Potassium, and Magnesium are? Just spit balling.

Nutrient_Chart27

Just keep an eye on the spots though… make sure they aren’t progressing any worse or further up and you should be fine either way! I would still possibly investigate though, as I haven’t had a deficiency show up this bad in both my grows yet, knock on wood… only a few tiny little spots barely visible in pics.

6 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I’ll def look into it tonight after work. I’ll calibrate my pH probe first, it’s been a month and change since I’ve done it, but I think the probe my unit came with sat in KCl solution but there could be something messing with it.
It’s totally possible that my Ph is off. I don’t know that my pH bottles dispensed last night so I’ll get on top of it now

1 Like

Here she is day 30
I just did a pH cleaning and health check and the probe checked out as healthy.
Is there any possibility of it being a bacteria or fungus? I’ve heard people use hydrogen peroxide for this but I’m not quite sure. I’ll do some research

Right after pH check bottle 2 dispensed

3 Likes

What happened to your profile pic? I liked the dog! Please bring back the dog!
@OrionsCeiling

3 Likes

Yo, Can I Ask, What Those Towels Hangin There Are For?

2 Likes

Wet towels can be used to add a little humidity inside the Grobo… depends on where you live though because they can dry out pretty fast

4 Likes

My humidity has been in the low ranges. I’m going to try some wet towels :+1:

2 Likes

Brought the dog back! Different pic. Same dog!

5 Likes

Yep, towels for humidity. They dry out so quick. It barely gets over 40% RH in my unit. I’m gonna move it downstairs next water change I think. Fingers crossed I don’t stress her out too much

1 Like

Thanks! I like your dog!

3 Likes

Thank you! He’s very handsome and really photogenic but the poor thing has joint problems :frowning: he’ll never ever pass up on a walk though :pleading_face:

4 Likes

I See…
A Reason For The Spotting Maybe… A Lil Mold?
But… You Guys Know What’s Up So, I’ll Just :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

@pyromancy So I’ve been doing research and this awesome guy on YouTube, Everest Fernandez (if you own a Grobo and don’t watch him, you definitely should) posted This Video (click the link to watch it) where he explains that low humidity will cause a cal-mag deficiency in the leaves of the plant. My goal with the next water change is to move the Grobo itself to a new location.

Currently, my Grobo is on the third floor in a crawl space/closet that was unused when we moved in. This area receives high fluctuations in temperature and the humidity differs with the RH on the air outside. Not ideal.

I plan on moving it to the first floor in a closet with my 3x3x5. Easier for me, more humid, and less temp differentiation for my girls. I plan on emptying the water during the res change into a bucket, then removing the plant from the Grobo and placing it in the bucket of exchanged res water. Then, moving the Grobo and changing the water and replacing the plant. As long as she remains happy I’ll keep her. Growing around an inch per day so far in 45% RH, 74°F. I’m tired of the towels lol

4 Likes

Anyone ever use these? Do they even fit in the Grobo? :joy::joy:

1 Like

Day 32, just about halfway up the first fan. Took off some fan leaves so she’ll fill back out and up. I really need to move the unit to an area with more humidity so I can get rid of these damn rags. They go bone dry in 12hrs…

2 Likes

Can you put a Tao Tronics humidifier in the room with the Grobo? I have 2 of these and really like them.

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Humidifiers-Ultrasonic-Humidifier-Operation/dp/B07H2717BM

3 Likes

Great idea. That’s perfect! I’ve been looking for one that’s affordable that I can leave for a few days. Thanks @miami5th

2 Likes

@OrionsCeiling I just noticed I posted a link to a slightly different model. The one I prefer and have also has Wifi and smart controls + app and is a few bucks cheaper. 45 vs 49

Here is the good one:
https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Humidifiers-Ultrasonic-Humidifier-Operation/dp/B08BHMLVJH?th=1

2 Likes