Orion’s Critical Purple

It’s about 11 months I turned on my unit the last week of July last year

Though I just realized I have not updated the firmware I am going to do so and report back

2 Likes

Oh wow :flushed: that’s pretty short I got mine in like March or April but didn’t use it till October cause I used it to dry my outdoor grow :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, it’s odd :thinking:.

I’m gonna try and see what I can do to help. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

U might have that over heating issue if it’s that u have to put in a ticket :ticket::+1:t2::dash::seedling:

2 Likes

Definitely. Gonna check it out in the morning, heading to bed. Almost 3, been up researching :laughing::trophy::leaves:

2 Likes

It just happened again. I’m having the overheating issue. I suppose I’ll open a ticket. I’ll look into how to do so… :persevere:

I should probably note it’s hot out, 80°, and 87° inside the unit at the base. I will need to purchase a water chiller but first I want to make sure my unit is working properly first and foremost @Choppo0816

3 Likes

Upon troubleshooting as recommended in the Grobo website I can confirm that the fan in the back of the unit is running but the light in the Grobo continues to shut off. I am going to put in a ticket with Grobo and see how I can resolve the issue…

3 Likes

Sorry :disappointed: you having trouble :sob::green_heart:

3 Likes

I’ve got the water chiller research down. Support told me to go ahead and put some ice :ice_cube: cubes in the tank to cool the water down.

3 Likes

Ooh I’ll do that now!!!

2 Likes

4 Likes

literally

4 Likes

@Fluffhead & @OrionsCeiling ,

Frozen water bottles can be a great fast fix to get your water temps down but regular use can cause ph fluctuations and bad readings! :eyes::seedling:

Please find a more permanent way of dealing with the heat.

1. Remove back door panel.
  2. Use an air conditioner to cool the room.
  3. use a dehumidifier in the room.
  4. Use a ceiling fan.
  5. use mini fan inside grobo.
  6. Release trapped hot air by opening door once a day.
  7. invest in a water chiller.
  8. Move grobo further away from the wall.
  9. Move grobo to a basement or garage.
5 Likes

I’ve attempted all of those methods except the water chiller investment. May just be too hot to run during the summer based on My geographic location. Thanks @Bplatinum9

5 Likes

Sorry! If I think of another way I will be sure to repost! :eyes::seedling:

5 Likes

i had some success using #1 and #8…it was minimal water reservoir temperatures improvement (2F-5F degrees) but still helpful

the water temps lowered when the back of the unit was faced outwards in order to improve air flow at the lower back panel and rear fans…i added a small fan by the bottom opened panel too…i keep the unit like this against the wall now and spin it around only when I need to get inside …everything is looking nice and cool so far :crossed_fingers:t4:

i’ve added frozen bottles previously but would be cautious as it caused ph fluctuations and made my plant’s stems turn “purple”

6 Likes

Thanks! This could be very helpful for someone running out of options! :eyes::seedling:

5 Likes

Yeah thank you all for the great info! After moving my Grobo away from the wall I pointed a fan in the direction of the Grobo and so far so good! I have noticed that the temp inside the unit has lowered by a significant amount.

I’m fairly confident my hygrometer is broken because it does not feel any warmer than 80° inside my unit where my plant is currently sitting. And the roots and growth rate has come back tremendously, might I add.

Thank you all for your assistance! My lady is back on track and the light has remained on. I have a fan oscillating in my grow area that has helped the unit keep cool. :pray::pray::pray:

Today, before LST. Plant vigor has been restored

Just after LST:

7 Likes

coo :partying_face:

4 Likes

Drain/Fill went swimmingly

4 Likes