⛺️Orion’s 3x3 & 2x2

U growing these organic I know exactly what u mean bro I was close to doing the same but when I took out the sour white out of my tent :tent: Gave me so much space I was able to put my dehumidifier in it if not I would of went down the same route :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

3 Likes

Amazing. In just a few months you’ve made enormous progress! Congrats :tada: thank you for sharing in depth so I can learn too :v:t3: :pineapple::pineapple::pineapple::pineapple::pineapple::pineapple::pineapple::pineapple::pineapple::pineapple: a dab a day keeps the doctor :woman_health_worker:t2: away image

4 Likes

Thank you @Fluffhead ! Thanks for all your help along the way and for helping me out when needed! :fist_right::fist_left:

We’ve got a long way to go before I feel comfortable with my process and technique but it’s going well.

I think I failed to mention that I had spotted a few spider mites inside the tent and have administered a humboldt’s secret flower shield foliar spray in order to combat these mites. I have sprayed it two nights in a row on both tents to see how the girls do after that.

I noticed that all plants grow a new set of leaves each day or two, which is good news. Though, the grape pupils in the white 5 Gallon pots have not begun to grow properly just yet. They went from 5 points on the leaves, to three, to one point so that can’t be good. That was the main reason for up-potting. But they should be fine! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: I’m hoping the transplant and the foliar spray does the trick.

5 Likes

We have the exact same set up, 2x2 veg and 3x3 flower. It’s perfect for me.

4 Likes

It’s a great setup.
I’m looking forward to putting my foot on the gas in the 3x3. I’ll probably move the 2 gallons pots (grape ape/OMG) into the 3x3 for flower and rigging them for automated feeding & the manual feeding the other 4 that are in 5 gal pots. I want to flower in the next 2-3wks.

But we’ll see if I can pull it off, I’m not there currently to work out the space of it all, but I will be sooner than later. I have an automated feeding system but I’m not keen on how it functions quite yet. Unfortunately it’s a little bit over my head :sweat_smile: but that’s why I’m on the forums!

Finally felt brave enough to share the setup lol. I’m really thinking this run will be a great learning experience & satisfying yield :pray::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I used to hate watering because it took me about 25 minutes holding a spray wand and my back was killing me by the end, yes I’m old. I now use a watering ring and a pump so the whole process takes about 5 minutes now and my back thanks me.

4 Likes

Watered w/ some BT today to manage the fungus gnat nuisance. If anything, they’ll all start growing faster when I rid the fungus gnats but I do not see them flying around. I see about 2-3 new gnats on the sticky traps every day so I figured it is as good a time as any to deploy some insecticide. Everything looks soooo healthy and we are putting out 5 & 7 fingered leaves everywhere.
The new seedlings are looking amazing! Rounding day 19 and the Sister Cookies and Fluffhead are looking established and ready to be topped and trained! Sister Cookies are about 6" taller than Fluffhead currently, with an extra set of leaves and longer branching in between nodes on the main stem. They’re due for a topping any day now.

I’ll be doing plenty of training as I must monitor growth in order to not mess up the cycle I have going in my tents. Fingers crossed she’ll hold out. And wish me luck putting the other tent into flower! About one more week to go before the tent is filled out to my liking with potential bud sites.

No trellis this go around, at least, not yet. I suppose they’ll need one later, but I am wary about doing so as this will hinder my ability to reach the plants. so I will just leave it without this time and LST to widen the canopies somewhat.

4 Likes

I would increase the amount of sticky cards by alot… The more the better… Bottom and top of the pot. You need to kill the adults so they don’t lay more eggs… The Bt and Nematodes will kill the larva . Get a fan blowing on top of the soil if possible… They don’t like dry soil plus the wind will not let them land on the soil to lay eggs…

If you going to move a plant out side make sure it’s still in Veg not flower… The sun is power so ease her into it

3 Likes

Also if you deploy insecticide what product are you thinking?

2 Likes

So I’ve used the BT but I also have a “Flower shield” by HS that I used twice at 2/3 strength. I will increase the yellow cards as much as possible. They’re being contained I truly appreciate your assistance. Things are growing well I’ll take pics shortly

[Humboldt’s Secret Flower Shield] (Amazon.com : Humboldts Secret Flower Shield – Powerful Insecticide – Pesticide – Miticide – Fungicide – Bug Spray – Spider Spray – Plant and Flower Protection – Healthy Treatment for Pests and Fungus (2 Ounce) : Garden & Outdoor)

Here’s the 3x3, watered this AM

Here’s the 2x2, also watered this AM. The plant in the middle is coming in from the outside. It needed to be rescued :sob: too much wind burn.

5 Likes

Be careful bring plants inside from outside this is a really fast way to get bugs in your indoor grow.

3 Likes

Yeah it wasn’t my choice but I found it in there when my parents were having family over. :man_shrugging:

I’m gonna spray the whole tent down w more flower shield just in case. Ugh lol

3 Likes

Have you ever considered biological control?

3 Likes

Like lady bugs or praying mantis/predator mites? I’ve thought about it but I am unaware how capable I am of applying this without them escaping lol.

But I constantly look for praying mantis to place in my tent. Is that what what you are referring to?

4 Likes

Yes exactly what I was referring to. Glad you know of the other options out there that’s all.

4 Likes

Nice. Yeah I’m definitely looking into it. I’m also thinking about cover crop in order to try and smother them out but that takes a while.

I’d prefer not to buy them because I feel like they’d come in bulk or something, but I only need to cover about 15 square feet of grow space in total, so if I can gather them from outside I’d prefer that… we’ll see what happens but I’ll look into ordering them in the mean time

3 Likes

I personally haven’t tried it before but it’s no a bad idea… You have a really good handle of everything… Excited to see how everything turns out

4 Likes

Thank you! I’m very excited as well, glad I’ve got you on my side. I’ve got a few routes I can go from here, but in due time. Right now I just want this canopy to fill out

3 Likes

A photo from last week.

The plants drink at different rates so I am hesitant to feed them all at the same time.
I’m eager to build an auto watering system. I’ll have the schematics worked out tonight and it should be built by the end of the week.
I’ll need it before I leave for a week on vacation, at least for the 2 gallon pots.

My aunt is going to come feed the plants in the 5 gallon pots as well as the plants in the 2 gallon pots that have been vegging for 46 days. Some phenos are growing faster than others. That is most certain…
Upon topping two of the plants in the 2x2 2 days ago, I noticed that 2 of the plants are producing extra leaflets on the newest fan leaves. Seems to be a sign that they are healthy and growing vigorously.

6 Likes

Day 3 of flower for these young ladies
They were just fed so there is a bit of saggage.

I’ll be going away for a week so I hope they will be okay while my aunt waters them. Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers::seedling:

6 Likes