Nutrient bottle #2 [RESOLVED]

I would send a ticket to support@grobo.io and ask them to investigate. Bottles are supposed to last a full grow. They can tell you what’s up

1 Like

That bottle happens to be the one that needs replacing the most on mine but its dispensing too much for sure

Thank you for the quick answer @Todd.grobo. I sent a ticket to investigate the issue.

2 Likes

Hey @Todd.grobo interesting the first two bottles are for pH control. I’ve got 120 days of growing and have only used 1/2 a bottle so far of #2 now bottles 3, 4 and 5 all nute based have been used fairly evenly. Shows how much growers water differ.

Hey @Stephane are you using tap water by chance? (Still to much use of bottle #2 regardless)

Only distilled water from the beginning. It has to be an issue with the system dispensing too much nutes or the distilled water I’m buying from my local metro supermarket is crap.

1 Like

And here are all my bottles on day 12.

1 Like

Hey @Stephane

Bottle #5 looks normal it uses a bit more then 3 & 4 with distilled water. Grobo guys should be checking your pH shortly since you sent a ticket in, :+1:

1 Like

Hey @CookieGrower

I totally understand the science of pH I remember seeing this issue with you and at least one other grower. What was the final resolve? My guess is either a replacement pH sensor or calibration of the existing one?

1 Like

Thank you all for the great advice. I ordered a PH and EC testing kit off amazon. I will wait to drain and fill until @Stephen can look at the data and figure out what went wrong.

Once I get an answer I will give my beloved plant some fresh distilled water and I will test manually and adjust accordingly.

1 Like

@azuri
My bottle 5 hasn’t used an inch of liquid. I’ve replaced bottle 4 and am about to replace bottle 2.

I assume everything will be different based on the water they use.

1 Like

Hi @Stephane,

Houston, we have a problem! I’ll shift over to my support voice and dig in with @GroboJason. Help is on the way!!

Stephen

3 Likes

Here is an update for inquiring minds,

So far I have investigated the tubing system for kinks in the lines and I found the drain/fill hose was pressing against the hose going into bottle number 2. I moved the small white hose to the right a little and that did the trick for removing any possible kinks.

Said that I don’t believe that the issue is with the product not being dispensed to the DWC tank and more so what @CookieGrower was saying with reference to the PH sensor not functioning properly and telling the system that it is too alkaline and dumping the number two bottle to bring the PH down continually.

Said that the geniuses over at Grobo are working diligently to solve this issue and I will keep everyone up to date.

For now all I can do is fire on the Volcano and fill up a bag and relax :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Update time, @GroboJason called me this morning to do a couple of test on the system. Let me just say its pretty cool how much control you guys have over every function of the Grobo at a distance.

To start I carefully removed the cover and my beloved plant and placed it on top of a bucket and placed a towel around the holes to minimize the amount of light the root system was going to be exposed to. Then we proceeded with a partial drain to expose the hoses for the nutrient bottles and Jason activated the pump number two and determined that solution number two was definitely flowing into the tank.

So now at this point ill receive a testing kit for the PH sensor and proceed to the next step of seeing what numbers the PH sensor will give.

Little bumps along the road to success but we’ll get there.

Thanks again Grobo team for being awesome.

6 Likes

Here is a more recent picture of my white widow. She seems in good health.

6 Likes

I just got my nutrient kit in the mail today. I’m just hesitant to put the new #2 bottle in as to not waste it.

Im on day 14 so I’m due for a complete water change. Should I just proceed with the water change and just simply test the distilled water with my portable pH meter. If the pH level isn’t through the roof and doesn’t need to be lowered with acidic, omit the number 2 bottle until all the trouble shooting on my Grobo is completed?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks a million.

That’s what I would do until the issue is resolved your system may just dump the contents of the bottle into the resevouir. Bottle #2 for me with distilled water has only used 1/3 of the bottle in over 100 days of growing. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

She is still doing good despite everything. Cannabis is one hell of a resilient plant. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Ok I did a full water change yesterday. Today I wanted to see what the PH of the water was so I took out a sample out of the tank and tested it. The reading I got was 5.8 and I’m pretty sure thats around the range it should be.

Said that my little PH meter is nowhere near as good quality as the one that comes with the unit and there could be some slight fluctuations in that number.

I’m trying my best to keep the light off the roots but it has been difficult lately due to all the trouble shooting and I noticed today a good portion was discoloured brown but did not seem to have any signs of slime like substance on the surface so I will chock it up to possibly stained by the nutrients.

Here is a pic of her today(day 16). notice the two leaves that seem pretty shrivelled up. I really hope its not a sign of something bad.

The new growth seems really good.

let me know if i’m missing anything.

1 Like

Hey @Stephane, I think you’re right on point with how the new growth looks which is very healthy. To me just looking at the picture it seems she has said, “forget these two leaves.” I would continue to do what you’re doing and monitor new growth. Said leaves turn yellow or enough time goes by, you’ll cut them off anyways. :+1:

3 Likes

Update time!(Day 19)

Today I tested the pH Levels in my water and it was sitting at 5.4. Did a fill to top up my reservoirs and added 1ml of Basic to raise that number a little bit. Will monitor and adjust as needed.

Wish me luck :slight_smile: :green_thumb:

Edit: RH is low and will be adding humidifier.

4 Likes