Nute burn or something else?

I’ve been using the Grobo start for about 3 weeks with my strawberry nuggets seed from mephisto genetics. Everything was going well until I noticed these brown spots. have kept temps in the mid to upper 60s and humidity around 40 percent .

EC readings are low at around 0.4 so What could be the problem?

Any help is appreciated!

3 Likes

- - - [2021-12.16]:

@Bbakes,

.{NoWick,RootsLongEnough}:

• (Focus On Your New Growth): (Each Week Give The Plant Fresh Water And Nutrients): (In The Shared Link_ :link: It Shows To Keep The Water A “Little” Low, So Your Pod Will Not Stay Soaked): (Make Sure You Have Taken The Wick Out From The Basket, Your Roots Should Be Long Enough): (You Can Use A Small Breeze From A Fan To Help Keep Your Pod Dry):

• [The New Grobo Start - #145 by miami5th]: (GroboStart): {:warning:}: {:mag:}:

~~~

- - - [2021-12.20]:

@Bbakes,

Mpower11_ GotYouCovered~~ (2)
Bplatinum_Covered..~~
FireGuy_GotYouCoverd~~ (2)

~~~

- - - [2021-12.22]:

@Bbakes,

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

Roots look white and pretty, I have a fan going in the back to help dry out the peat pod since it is a bit damp. I changed the water ahead of schedule hopefully that brings her back to life. Praying it’s not lockout

1 Like

It would be helpful to see the whole plant but this isn’t nute burn… I think the plant is hungry and is feeding off it’s leafs… Is the new growth light green? If you want to continue to grow in the start with a big plant I would add at least 2 sets of grobo nutes… This should give you a Ec of about 1000 which still isn’t high at all…

Also what is your Ph at?

2 Likes

Here’s the whole plant, I’ve raised the peat pod with tooth picks so it can dry out a little. I have a ph pen coming Saturday so I can see what the ph level of the water reservoir. Hoping it’s just getting underfed. I think I’ll add another sachet of the blue and green nutrients if she is hungry.

1 Like

Remove the bottom leaves and if you find it creeps up toward the other leaves it could be an issue.
Roots look good! but if you dont put the pod back down they will die from light exposure! :eyes: :seedling:

1 Like

I put the pod back down and removed the bottom leaves, unfortunately it looks like the second set of leaves might have the same fate as the first.

3 Likes

Thanks for the whole plant picture that helps alot… The leafs that are damaged will not get better… The goal now is to see the problem stop spreading to new leafs…

Plant looks like it lacking Calcium which I could see happening with a Ec of only 400… Do you have any Cal/mag? Doubling up on the grobo start nutes I think should address the cal problem. I Just don’t know the markup of the nutes… I will see if I can find the MDS sheets to find out…

Also Ph maybe playing a factor also. In hydro calcium is best absorbed by the roots in the 6.2 – 6.5 pH range (in coco/hydro, it’s generally recommended to keep the pH between 5.5 – 6.5, but calcium specifically tends to be best absorbed above 6.2)… But since we don’t know what your Ph is at it’s hard to say right now

3 Likes

I think I’ve figured it out, adding 1 sachet each of the blue and green nutrients raises the EC level by 0.4. As the most recent EC of the water is 0.8 now. Should I add one more of each sachet to bring up the EC level again? Or should I let the plant absorb what is already in the reservoir?

2 Likes

Let me ask you this what is your end goal? Are you planning on moving into Grobo?

2 Likes

Yes, most likely after Christmas/New year I plan to transplant into my Grobo solid.

2 Likes

Do you have a current grow in grobo?

1 Like

I think the plant will do better in the Grobo but if you want to leave it in the start I would add 3 sets of packets. I’m saying this based on getting your Ec up. I don’t know the NPk valves but I’m sure it’s a nice Veg blend.

Also the start timer is max of 13 hours I’m thinking that should keep it in Veg but it’s possible it could flower early.

Hope this helps. Knowing your Ph is what the puzzle is missing right now

3 Likes

I’m in agreement, this plant will do better in the Grobo. Seems to me, a heavy feeder and the low EC in the start isn’t giving enough.

2 Likes

Finally got my ph pen calibrated and my reservoir has a ph reading of 6.4. This was after about 4 sachets of blue and green nutrients. A little high but should be good for at least a week before I have to change the water out.

New leaves are forming but more and more of the old leaves are turning brown and wilting away, perhaps I was too late to save them. :frowning:

3 Likes

Transfer to grobo and watch her grow!

2 Likes

But Ph on the high side of ok I would drop to 6.0.

Also I would put the lighting extension on.

But really I agree with fire sooner you put in the Grobo the better off for the plant

1 Like

Also any bubbler in that water?

1 Like

I bit the bullet and transferred her, hopefully she does better in the solid, I also extended vegetative by a week since she was probably not ready for transition.

3 Likes

I think that was the right move

3 Likes