Notification when my bottles are empty

Read the subject line, that’s what I’d like to see!

To be fair, maybe it already DOES do this and I missed it… but I think it would be great to get a notification when one of my nutes are low or empty. I was away from my grow for a few weeks and sadly, my poor little girl went hungry for about 7 days. Had I gotten (Or read) a notification that one of my bottles was empty I’d have made a plan to get it replaced.

Yes, I know… I should have been monitoring it more on my end, but still… a notification would be nice. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So here is the thing with that. The only way for that to happen would be for the bottles to have a little float inside with a sensor to determine if they are low.

Which bottle went dry on you?

2 Likes

No 3.

1 Like

That’s sucks! I hope your beloved plant is alright.

I think she’ll survive. Might have a few scars, but she’ll live!

2 Likes

@SterlingNico,

My suggestion for now is to replace all (Low) Bottles with full ones before you go on a trip…

((#Genius))… :wink:

3 Likes

Well, yea!

2 Likes

I think you wouldn’t need a float. There is already an algorithm in the system for when the plant is missing a nutrient to add more. Perhaps if it notices that after it sent the command to increase a nutrient and it didn’t change the water nutrient to what it expects, it then sends out a notification that something is amiss with the bottles or the sensor.

I’m likely over simplifying this, but that is what my monkey brain thinks. No banana, hit button, banana.

2 Likes

the unit isn’t as smart as you think. when you do a water change it doses a pre determined amount of nutrients a few minutes after. it doesn’t constantly adjust nutrient levels. it wont dose any nutrients again till after the next water change. only the ph is constantly adjusted.

1 Like