--

((#Sound)): :ear:

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=sound

((smell)): :nose:

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=smell

((#SomeReads)): :open_book::wink:

--

I love the dual Grobo setup @Todd.grobo

I’ve been thinking of 2 units, need to see how the Grobo performs for my first grow before I pull the trigger on another, as these are not cheap units. I’m also concerned I will need a water chiller, but don’t want to buy two water chillers if I get a second Grobo.

Did you buy 2 at once? Issues or regrets?

1 Like

I did not buy 2 at once.
First unit made it to flower stage and pump died. At that point it was too late to effect that plant or notice but killed the next plants until we discovered what it was. Unit has only had 1 other part replaced. Was not super confident in the product at that point but the smoke was great and I knew it wasn’t on grobo. I understand new products have a curve. I like being part of that curve.
I work ina job where the opportunity arises where I can offered a unit from time to time just based on bonuses and with the legal limit of 4 plants I definitely wanted to reduce my other costs by growing my own. My first harvest was like 31g. I figured 2nd and 3rd will be triple that easily. Grobo has advanced slowly but surely over the last 18 months and I do not regret buying the unit. Are they’re things I would change sure. Is it still the best complete package on the market…yes.

When and if I can own four I will. I will move to the basement then so I dont need a water chiller. Experience provides many lessons

3 Likes

To be clear I dont have a water chiller and dont intend on buying one. I dont have all the bells and whistles and toys everyone else has and to be honest I dont care about my plants ph balance etc. I dont want to know that I just want to grow. Plants are resilient and general knowledge and experience I feel will benefit me further than tweaking my water.
Since cannabis went legal costs have like doubled in purchasing from legal vendors vs the medical vendors previously and I think I calculated I’d make my money back by 5 plants.

2 Likes

Thank you for this info! It’s very helpful!!I’m in a similar boat - I would like to kick the requirement of going to dispensary’s, and grow my own supply, however, I think at one unit, I will need more. But not willing to just buy 2 outright, until I know this one performs.

2 Likes

If you dont let emotion rule the decision process when something goes wrong or is complicated then you’ll find more successes. Grobo is supportive and does have a good clean product. I think everyone has a certain expectation or assumption of “something” they want or think it should be. Remove that and the product works as we can clearly see from the experienced growers

3 Likes

I’d suggest investing in a good tent setup! This will make you a more rounded grower, and cost much less in the end. Also you’ll be able to grow 2-4 plants rather than 1. :+1::v:

4 Likes

@Osage

Agreed - Better route, but I have already taken over our Laundry room with a home brewing setup - The wife basically said, no more toys in the house. She liked the Grobo look, and with an insulated Garage, I thought it would be fun. I also like the ease of growing with Grobo, as I still have a day job, and not all the time in the world to pursue my hobbies

3 Likes

If you can grow in the grobo in the garage, you can do a tent setup as well if you have room

3 Likes

Dirt requires paying closer atn to ph balance and dryness etc. Not interested. That’s why I have 30 plus plants in dirt in the house. They only require water :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really only have room on the sides of the garage, this Grobo fits perfectly, and I could easily hold another 1 or 2. Also, the wife would go nuts, seeing a grow tent in garage. She likes the Grobo, because it looks great also. Thanks for all your feedback.

5 Likes

I can smell the plant in my grobo as soon as I step in the house, but I don’t care because it’s legal where I live. As far as noise, my hearing is far from good so I don’t notice it. I also have a 2x4 tent setup. The only time I smell the grow in it, is when I open the flap. I have a carbon filter and vent fan external to the tent and it is noisy.

5 Likes

Thanks to for your feedback!
Anyone recommend a good electric carbon filter/freshener I could place next to my Grobo?

1 Like

I would go out and get a some kind of lavender fragrance that gives off a strong or controllable scent. I’ve learned that works best.

1 Like

Even better, put a lavender plant in your grow room, it keeps pests away, and smells good :+1::v:

5 Likes

Only reason I didn’t suggest that is because I did that and man they love that environment lavender got huge :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah, done the same but I pruned her offer and the whole house smelled like lavender. So calming and soothing. I also love amber paste as a cologne. If you can find a really good Arabian sandalwood to mix the amber with…whoooaa! Great stuff, you feel good all day. Just calm like eh :woman_in_lotus_position: 🧘‍♂ 🧘‍♂

2 Likes

Hmmm I wonder why those male signs were there with the yoga people? I only typed yoga and then clicked the emoji…hhmmmm…anyone??

2 Likes

Yes I guess that officially makes me old. :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

@Osage,

One figure reads (woman): The other two reads (person): :rofl: