No internet for say 10 days

If the internet goes out is there a back up plan? Will connecting straight to Grobo WiFi during that time allow neuts to be dispensed?

4 Likes

I am curious too. I always thought this would not work right without connection to Grobo. That is why some don’t buy them as if Grobo ever closed, not sure it would even work anymore.

2 Likes

They could give us access to dosing nutrients through the app. Without internet. Use the internet connection for bigger issues grobo can access and fix. Your right the app and access without internet sounds attainable. There units are on sale right now btw.

1 Like

See what they say as I heard some features like this were removed from the app before as people were messing things up. :grinning: Now you can only change days and extend and things like that.

10 days you would also have to fill or top off too a few times, so see what they say would work with no home internet. I would have an extra fan, air pump and maybe even small light so if Grobo does go down, your still OK a little bit.

You can try it, turn off your home internet and see what the app will allow you to do.

1 Like

Great question.
When you lose internet, your unit should change from a slow breathing blue to an orange. This is showing you, yes you have a recipe on and it knows that, however, there is no internet connection currently. It will still operate under the recipe/schedule that you started with. The easiest way to reconnect to wifi is a power cycle once its up if it doesn’t naturally reconnect.

4 Likes

Gotcha. Yeah we all don’t do things the same when given the freedom I guess. Too bad. In twenty years my internet has only been down six hours one day. But our provider gives me access to their WiFi just for things like that. I have a generator. But I still can’t make internet if that disappeared :joy:

1 Like

Thanks​:bangbang: Something everyone should know, just in case. Prayers to my Canadian friends and grow family :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

That’s good to know. :+1:t2: Good thinking by the way :sunglasses:. I feel more comfortable knowing that. Thank you

3 Likes

Question and I apologize if this is something maybe not to ask :grinning: but what would happen to my Grobo if Grobo as a company closed? Only asking as a friend was looking at this and another small box that is semi automated, not as automated as Grobo, but he controls everything, and that was one of his concerns. Both things are on sale so he wants to get something soonish.

Grobo has stated that nutrients etc will be available indefinitely at this point. They are able to continue to service the customers already here like you and me!
There is a previous post last year sometime regarding that.

2 Likes

The recipe remains. That specially controls what? Light schedule easy enough. How about nutrient dispensing. Is there a trick to drain and fill with the button or just lift the lid and use an auxiliary pump?

If your wifi is down for an extended time in your community I would suggest hot-spotting the unit to your phone to get back your control to do any maintenance etc you need such as drains and fills. If you can’t find the hot-spotting info on our site please send me an email at support@grobo.io and I’ll send it over.

2 Likes

I was actually talking about WW 10 days no access. But, if it’s soon I’m almost to flush so all good. If it’s not soon, heaven help us. This stuff is getting old. #LetsGoBrandon

Oh wait that was my original question. If I connect phone to Grobo WiFi (unit name) I can control flush/fill? The recipe will control dispensing nutes?

1 Like

Correct

2 Likes