No flowering on week 9

I’m getting a little nervous as my plant is approaching week 9 (day 60) and has yet to show any signs of flowering. Based on the notifications I received from grobo, I should have already noticed some white pistils forming but there’s nothing. While it continues to get taller it doesn’t seem to have transitioned to the flowering stage. It just completed the 2 week transition phase and the 12/12 hour light schedule has been active for the last 2/3 weeks. The seed that I’m growing is a feminized Durban Poison seed. Should I just keep waiting? Is there anything I can do to help? Is it a lost cause at this point?

2 Likes

Isnt this a flower starting? Maybe I’m wrong…? If it’s not then it looks very interesting to me and I’d love to find out what it is exactly… haven’t seen any growth resembling that on my own plant yet

3 Likes

I thought it was too but as time goes on those just turn into other leaves. They seem more like baby leaves rather than pistils to me. Tried to get a closer shot this time.

2 Likes

Gotcha… maybe that is what they are then. I was kinda wondering that myself, but it just looks pretty condensed.

1 Like

By the way I’ve seen a couple of people on here who have thought the same thing as you, like WHY ISN’T IT FLOWERING!? And then it happens in the next day or two… could be right on the verge.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a couple pictures of other spots on the nodes to see how far along it is myself just out of curiosity, like are there any reproductive parts started anywhere on the plant yet?

I don’t think it would be a lost cause especially if the plant is healthy!

4 Likes

Also a picture of how tall your plant is right now could help us all see the growth going on.

You’re 100% sure that the lights are turning off/on at 12 hours/12 hours correct?

1 Like

Mines a late budder as well, I’m giving her time and trying to be patient lol

3 Likes

Jay what stage are you in?
Transition or flower?
When asking the forum for help its important to know your stages and send a picture of the entire plant and nutrients along with the highlighted pic of your topic, to get the best help.
If you spent 60 days it would depend on where/stage you spent that time. no sign of flowering in flower stage is not abnomal for a day 60.
Example of Stages: All stages start at week one, so if you say your on week 9 it doesn’t give accuracy especially if you have extended any of the stages.

Germination
Early veg
Late veg
Transition
Flower
Flush

3 Likes

Apologies let me include some more information/pics. I’m on day 2 of the flowering stage (day 61 total). Here are some more pictures of the entire plant, another bud site, and a close up of a side. I’m Absolutely positive the 12/12 light stage is on. I hope I’m just being impatient and it will start flowering soon. I feel better knowing it’s not uncommon to be at this stage without signs of flowering.

1 Like

I think you’re starting to flower honestly… these look like pistils to me, very similar to what my plant has right now. Again I could be wrong lol!

5 Likes

She got pretty tall! Hopefully she doesn’t stretch out TOO much more! Looks like plenty of spots for buds to start forming. I see some super large fan leaves on there, you might wanna take a look and plan on defoliating some of those big leaves that are blocking light downwards. Looks healthy though!

I would wait until it’s time for your drain and fill and defoliate right before then, and only remove 20-30% of the leaves at any given time if you decide to do any trimming :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hope so! I will be sure to post updates if I see any other signs of flowering. Really appreciate you taking the time!!

Understood, thank you for the tip! I’ll plan to trim up on Wednesday when I do the water change :slight_smile:

Be careful with how much you remove:

Hope that helps!

3 Likes

Oh I would also probably remove most of that lower dried dead stuff… doesn’t really add much to the plant at this point and frees up energy to be spent elsewhere

4 Likes

I think the problem with this plant may be the strain.
Looks like only one stalk is starting to flower.
Let’s give it one more week to see if things change but in the meantime she needs a serious defoliation.

2 Likes

She’s on day 11 in the flowering stage (day 70 total) and I’m seeing a bunch of white pistols now :hugs: I was just a little impatient.

I’ve also started defoliating the bottom a little at a time (2nd pic). Should I go any higher or leave it for now?

She also got too tall for the box. Had a couple of burnt fan leaves because they were hitting the light. I “supercropped” a bunch of the branches but I’m wondering if I went too low. I also see some of the wounds have some browning around them. Did I just screw up those stems?

4 Likes

You dont need to go any higher the standard rule is 20% from the bottom up.
You can also use supports if you are afraid to have damage from supercropping.
Looks like you may have broken the skin there but they usually heal very nicely with time.

4 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like