NFTG Coco LED Grow

I would like to introduce my current grow to the community so that I can start to get some feed back and share my trials and tribulations.

I have used Nectar for the Gods in the past with decent success so I just stuck with what I am familiar with, this run.

I have 4 Sunset Cookies in Coco Perlite in a 3x3 tent under a Cali Lightworks SolarXtreme 500 LED. First time growing in coco, and first time running an LED start to finish.

I start from clone around April 30th.

So far I have run into a root zone pH issue due to poor coco and pH of water going up over night and not double checking myself and ended up with a 7.5 pH, which damn near killed my plants.

Since then I put my plants through emergency flushing. Put the entire plant including fabric pot into a tub of pH’d water at 5.0 for 3 hours, twice. I was able to reign the pH back down to around 6.3-6.5 run off which is still a little high for my liking but things are on the up swing.

Current state is much more positive since the start. I am noticing what I believe to be a Magnesium deficiency, but a little Epsom Salt/CalMag flush has the girls praying like they never have before.

I have about 1-2 more weeks of veg to get some more growth and hopefully fix any health issues before we go full flower mode.

Below will be a slight time line of the grow from clone transplant to present date. Thanks for checking it out.

9 Likes

Update:

5 weeks from transplanted Clones

Magnesium deficiency is on the move towards stabilizing after a few waters with Epsom Salts, which is great with flower only a week away.

Noticing some slight light burn on the tips of the leaves. I need to raise my LED up a little bit. 36in is recommended for veg and I’m at about 24in currently.

4 Likes

The ladies are well under way in their 12/12 photoperiod.
Height could have been managed better but training wasn’t a priority.
Plants were pruned decently heavy; any branches that didn’t make the light didn’t make the cut.
Feeding schedule includes the Roman Regimen nutrients at full strength with a few extras additives.
3 feeds and 2 waters per week will have these ladies blooming in no time now.

2 Likes

Added an off brand Blue and Red Spectrum LED to see if there is any added benefit to the extra color spectrum and wattages. Hoping to yield around 600 grams for these 4 plants.

4 Likes

Week 3 Flower

Heavy defoliation and last prune of anything that was too shaded. May have gone a little too heavy, but I really want to test the limits of these plants and get an idea of where the Bell Curve starts to be decline.
Nutrients are being maxed out and beginning to ramp up some individual nutrients to help different aspects of flower phase.
Buds should start exploding.

4 Likes

@Brotherbuddah I’m definitely interested in the results of your grow with the extra LED blue and red spectrum added. I’m currently using a ViparSpectra Reflector series v450. It has two switches for veg and bloom, the bloom adds more red and blue light while the veg is mostly white, blue and a little bit of orange. They say you can have both turned on, but from what I have found it creates a lot of heat with they are both on, like almost a 15 degree change in my little unit.

2 Likes

Day 40 Flower

Plants started with nice bud sites but due to poor nutrients, not Nectar’s fault, but the grow store I went to had old stuff on the shelf which threw my nutrient ratios out the window. Since then plants have been flushed and we are now using FloraFlex and they seem to be responding positively.

We’re going to get to the end one way or another!

3 Likes

Week 6:

Girls are really showing off some vibrant colors and sweet Sunset Sherbet pheromones. Although the size was dwarfed due to the nutrient ratios I was using but still happy with the aesthetics. Next Run we’re going floraflex with a few additives that should crush numbers so stay tuned!

2 Likes

Quick pic to go with the last post…

2 Likes

Quick update:

Harvest has come and gone with this one. It was necessary to make room for the next lot of plants. Will get some final pictures after drying and curing along with final yields and notes.

With what I would consider a rough start, we were definitely able to get some decent final product down and overall good learning experience. Next grow in FloraFlex is rocking.

3 Likes

@Brotherbuddah,

• ((#Harvest)): :clap:

--

:wink: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Harvest Update:

So without further adieu…

Final weight before curing is 151 grams. Not my largest yield but definitely some of the best quality. Smells like a dumpster fire at the end of the rainbow. Delicious.

Overall take aways from this grow:

1. Don’t use old bags of soil.
  2. Flush soil with RO water then flush with a nutrient solution with extra calcium before transplant.
  3. Feed NFTG 1 time per week with water every day until next feed. This is something I should have known better but I was essentially feeding too much.
  4. Less Leaf pruning, more topping. I topped 1 time, I am going to increase to at least 5 tops. 1 main top and then top each of the 4 remaining branches after they have 3-4 nodes established.
  5. More Patience. Something we all have to work on when it comes to cannabis.

Thanks for following along guys and girls! I’ll post some current flower pictures in a new FloraFlex grow log.

2 Likes

Hey @Brotherbuddah,

Thanks for sharing the grow! My favorite is #5 for sure. :wink:

Cheers,
Stephen

1 Like