Newb Questions

So I am brand-new to growing and I see some have temp luges for the airspace and also their water in the grobo. Can someone make recommendations for things I should have since my seed just sprouted today and I am learning I may be missing some things like the temp gauges and ph test kit? Thanks all!

2 Likes

Here is a great list put together by @Hellyesshedid :

2 Likes

Wow very thorough and also tells me I don’t know shit about what I’m doing. Haha. Seriously. I don’t anything about training the plant, topping etc. it seems to be way more complicated than I originally thought it would be and not sure I want to do it again after reading this. Sounds like too much and too much time that I don’t have. I figured the grobo was all that I needed so this is quite discouraging to read. To say the least.

Don’t fret @Tebori !

Growing your own is such an awesome and rewarding experience! By choosing the Grobo, you have entered the express lane of the learning curve. Not only do you have a very capable machine, but you have access to this incredible wealth of knowledge and assistance called All Growers! I too was quite overwhelmed in the beginning but through some light research and not being afraid to ask any questions here on AG I quickly caught up and am thoroughly enjoying this process! As with many things in life, the saying “you get out what you put in” rings true when growing. The good news is, by using Grobo you’re already doing more than most other growers through automation! Take it lightly, do research when you can (I personally find it very fun and interesting, I hope you will too!). So far I have found the most use out of this website: www.growweedeasy.com it is a wealth of knowledge and solid tutorial type direction, any and all issues you will face can be learned about there in a simple format that is easy to apply. Secondly, there is no such thing as a “stupid question”, do not be shy about asking questions here on AG, there are plenty of awesome people ready and willing to offer you guidance. You got this my man, go at your own pace and enjoy the process!

3 Likes

What @SWSVIC said, but also keep in mind that you can keep things as simple as you’d like, especially if your temperature & humidity are already within growing range.

The only thing most of us would strongly suggest getting is an air pump & airstone, about $20 & an aquarium thermometer, about $5 for a 2- pack, both on Amazon.

4 Likes

Thanks for all of your input both of you. I guess I see many issues that people have that the grobo can’t always deal with. I see a lot of ph issues and grobo issues in general after looking around so that concerns me. What airstone do you recommend?

Thanks for all of your help and information. It definitely seems like a lot to know and learn.

ĂŚt can be jarring at first to read all the troubleshooting stories, but honestly learning something new is never as simple (or as complex) as it seems from the outside looking in. The Grobo team will take care of you & so will the Allgrowers community :cowboy_hat_face:.

The Grobo monitors and adjusts pH levels, but if you want to learn for yourself about how pH levels affect your plant and be able to have realtime readings vs emailing Grobo, you can get a cheap pH meter on Amazon as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Measurement-Household-Drinking-Aquarium/dp/B0894LBJL3/ref=zg_bs_393271011_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=M0BBTVP6STJDVGFB41QR

Any small airstone should work, I use two small round disks in my reservoir that came with my air pump. In my bucket grow, I have two medium sized cylinder shaped ones which are significantly more substantial since it’s a much larger reservoir.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01EBXI7PG?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

3 Likes

Your bucket grow? Well thank you again for your time and knowledge. It’s definitely a lot to take in ha. Wasn’t expecting this to be rocket science. Lol

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s my first time growing outside of the Grobo. Waiting on her to pop :blush:

3 Likes

@Hellyesshedid @SWSVIC thank you for the positivity… I have a different opinion about the Grobo but I digressed. @Tebori it’s actually not hard to grow ganja, but to grow some A grade level your gonna have to put in some work and learn the system. Grobo is definitely not a set and forget system like we all imagined before we purchased. Luckily there is a lot of people here willing to help. Trust me! Growing a plant for your own consumption/medicine is incredibly rewarding

4 Likes

A different experience as in good or bad?

I’ll let u make your conclusions. I’m trying not to bias anyone on the forum… I’m however running my own nutrients, fans, and Ph/EC meter. Oh I’m also just using tap water.

2 Likes