New Toy - Nug Smasher

I also got a bunch of weed from beginning grower friends which is too harsh for me to smoke. Figured I’ll smash them :laughing:

3 Likes

Exactly. Lol I have a bunch of junk that normally doesn’t do anything it’s on deck. It’s like the car smasher at the junk yard. It’s fun to smoosh stuff.

3 Likes

Soooo, how did it go? :eyes:

1 Like

:sweat_smile: I have been occupied with getting all of my grow set up in order that I haven’t gotten around to this yet. I will soon and take photos and share here. I do have some Blueberry and OG Kush that a friend’s dad grew which is too harsh for me to smoke so I’ll be smashing those soon.

4 Likes

Big same

2 Likes

I’ve been hearing this for months it feels like! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I honestly have it ready right here to play with but just haven’t had the time to sit down and figure it out lol.

7 Likes

Class is now in session :sunglasses: nice work space

2 Likes

I love mine, I have 2 og’s an xp, and a mini. Time and patience is the key to success :wink:

4 Likes

That was from 7grams of 7 day dried cuttings. It was about 2.5/3 grams resin in the end.

1 Like

4 Likes

If you want your product a lighter color, lower your temp to 185-195. I press at 190F for 3 minutes, and press the same bag 3-4 times.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I will try that. I found the better the weed press the color is better but I didn’t play with time temp. Thanks!

1 Like

My first press was at 205F and came out dark as hell. Same weed at 190F and came out like the color of honey.

2 Likes

Also when u are warming up your nugsmasher make sure the plates are together. Temp gauge is in bottom plate. I also have a Nugsmasher XP. It is a continual learning process. Different strains require different temps. I always start out with a 3.5 gram smash with temp 204-206 and smash for about 120 seconds. If it comes out really lite colored I will bump temp up and resmash. First smash always provides smoothest product. It usually takes a couple sample smashes to get stain dialed in. For example my latest smashes stared off with and out 20% return and now with same stain I am getting a 27%return.

2 Likes

Good tips thanks, can’t wait to smash again now. Lol

3 Likes

@Fresh @FireGuy I have a question for you and I’ve read different schools of thought on this. Before you press are you just putting whatever you have in the bags or are you grinding it up before before you pack the press bags?

1 Like

I place whole nugs in bag. I don’t grind. U want the trichome heads intact for smash.

3 Likes

Ok that’s what I been doing and thinking.

2 Likes

I do the same as @Fresh. Pick off of stems and make somewhat smaller, but don’t grind. I do 3.5 grams in 2”x4.5” 120 micron bags.

Edit: If your product isn’t cured well, that could also lead to the dark color as a lot of chlorophyll is still present. All my presses have been well cured besides the first one ever, so maybe I’ll play with higher temp presses now.

3 Likes