New to the group

What kind of climate are you in? I just have the hydroguard, chiller isn’t really that necessary unless you have the unit in a warm area of your dwelling or live in a rather warm climate. I have mine in my living room and the temps are between 20-23 celsius depending when I’m home

@Bplatinum9 damn I never ph my water before adding the hydroguard, never have lol. I just figured the unit ph-ing would suffice. Seems it has so far lol

2 Likes

Lol! I started out ph-ing mine in the beginning until I got the right mix. I take a five gallon bucket fill it 3/4 of the way then add a gallon of distilled water and I never have a ph problem. I then add the hydroguard to the bucket and fill. I had to do it when first starting to learn lol!
P.s. Besides @Russel_Richardson, your a champion! In my :eyes:

2 Likes

Idk about absolutely needing to purchase allll of this stuff though before you get your unit. I’m not trying to contradict what you’ve said @Bplatinum9 :slight_smile: lol
I have just not had to buy anything extra except the hydroguard and a small fan for adding additional movement. Im not going to lie I don’t monitor my rh and temps and I’ve not really had much issue. I had root rot in the beginning of summer but it was really hot and I didn’t have my AC on so the res got a bit warm but it cleared up no problem and I’ve been fine since.

Now yes, there have been more than a few people that need these environmental changing devices but I would maybe just see if you actually need it before buying it all cause I’m sure like me there are a lot more that don’t need it.

2 Likes

Your absolutely right about that! I bought all this and more but I only use what I listed and I’m sure like @Russel_Richardson, said it depends on location and personal preference!
The only thing I couldn’t do without were my trimmers, fans and Hydroguard!

2 Likes

Ah yes, trimmers. Proper ones lol. Don’t skimp on those haha your hands will thank you after a couple hour harvest lol

2 Likes

Did you get the ones on the grobo site? I did, they seem to be alright but I have yet to cut a full harvest!

1 Like

I did not but I believe they’re the same. Fiskars is the brand I have and a no name that looks similar but are substantially worse lol.

1 Like

@Ray2nasty,

((#Welcome)):

:wave::wink:

--

((#TeamHasGotYouCovered)): :clap:

((#TeamWorkMakesTheDreamWork)): :green_thumb:

--

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/just-for-fun-d/1866/20?u=silvergrobo

--

((# NotUsingAnyBells&Whisles )): :bell::whistle::laughing:

--

2 Likes

How does the hydro guard work ?? When too use it and how much ?

1 Like

I use it every drain and fill, and it’s 2ml per gal or something it tells you on the back how much to add. You can use it the whole way through your grow, I do.

3 Likes

Seeing everyone’s grows and everything has me on the edge of my seat , I have everything els I may need ready to order . I’m getting very impatient sadly :frowning:

2 Likes

I ordered my grobo on October 7th and still waiting for it to ship @Ray2nasty. I’m told it will ship this upcoming week so just be patient! I know it’ll be worth the wait

4 Likes

Grobo support told me 3 too 4 weeks , and i ordered mine on wensday morning, so i have alittle bit to go , but I can prepare before time so I’m happy about that ,

5 Likes