New to Grobo

Has anyone had any issues with there Grobo recently? And also is a chiller needed for the Grobo or not? Trying to purchase everything I need so there are no issues.

1 Like

Some people are fine without them, for others it’s a must. If you’re unable to keep your water temps below 72° and other methods of cooling don’t work, you’d need a chiller. Otherwise, fans, A/C, & strategic placement of your unit could all assist you.

4 Likes

Thank you I will wait to see How everything go first.

1 Like

I haven’t had any issues with mine yet. I hope you dont mind me asking a question on your post post to go along with it though because I did see a couple posts about about the water pump going out. However, I didn’t replacement pumps on the grobo website. Is it a good idea to have a 2nd pump on hand? And if so, anyone know where should I get one?

1 Like

@Chad_Johnson,

(AirPumpSite): (ClickHere):

--

Amazon.com : Uniclife Aquarium Air Pump 4 Watt 4-LPM 2 Outlets with Accessories, Adjustable Oxygen Pump for 20-100 Gallon Fish Tank : Garden & Outdoor

--

:computer_mouse::one::click:

--

2 Likes

Definitely a good idea, I’d say it’s a must.

3 Likes

Thank you! Ordering one now!

1 Like

I added another Air Pump and have it outside my Grobo. I have a timer where my Outside Pump just Runs for about 12hrs. The original pump is still in place and never went out, the bubbles were just not enough in my Opinion

2 Likes

Can you show the set up ?

2 Likes

I have the Pump on the outside, I ran the line to the back of the Grobo. Also I have a small USBCord Power Up Fan (Blue Cord) I ran all the wires to the back where I have my Smart PowerStrip. Hope it helps

3 Likes