New schedule for me

That you sell? If so I have a 4x4 tent what you recommend and how much? Do they put off a lot of heat?

Not a lot of heat I’m not selling any of my lights but the hlg 300 could do a 4x4 or go with the hlg eco or 600

Thanks I was looking at the 600! I think I might do that! Return the one and sell off the others! Are they that much better?

1 Like

So my one light has a return date in Jan 2021! So I’m going to finish out my grow and send it back and get the 550 v2 r spec! Looks like a pretty solid build! Watched a video and it’s amazing on the power save and light output, pretty stellar! I worry about the weight, my back is for shit! But man will this save on electricity. The two visparspectra i have (I’ll sell those as well) draw 520w and don’t do nearly what this thing does at the same wattage!
I have a setup of with 2, four inch Carbon filter inline fans and a dehumidifier that runs some of the hot air into dehumidifier and used as a filter, Ha, I pretty sure I’ll be ok there.The guy in video said the temps got up to 135 degrees! That seems hot? You think these will be enough to battle the heat or should I go with bigger fans? He mentioned blowing fans on lights but that will just blow heat down on plants! What do you recommend? Bigger fans? Thanks

1 Like

It doesn’t seem to slow down the finish date from my observations

I just bought the HLG 600 rspec! Oh if my wife only knew what I just did!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. I’ll keep this on the down low. I hope I’m happy with this beast and not run into heating issues! I was planing on putting my two 4in inline fans pushing out of top with the filters on the inside! Probably put a couple of small fans blowing on top of unit!
I excited and scared now when I get this! If things go south, it’s been good growing! Jk…

I better get at least 8 oz out of my scroged 4x4, in a hydro, water chilled,ph controlled rdwc! Damn I have spent a small fortune on this stuff! I hope it pays off!

My first 2 plants will be purple haze in this setup!

What are those meters you use to determine light output called? Sure those things are not cheap either! This starter unit comes in at 399.95! Jk!! Hopefully

2 Likes

You know upgrading your lighting could fix your bud size problem… Excited for you…

For a light meter you want a Par meter (don’t buy a cheap Lux meter they don’t work for LED)… And sadly your correct they are not cheap at all…

This is mine

1 Like

If your not in a rush this meter is more bang for your dollar… They claim shipping starts in Jan 2021

1 Like

Holy Balls that’s expensive, honestly I though maybe 60-150 top! Well I’ll go for 24-30in above for flower then and then I think he said 30 for veg! I’m good with that…

1 Like

Sorry to sticker shock you!!! lol

I think the cheapest Par meters start around $300 and go up from there… It’s not needed but it’s a great tool

1 Like

Of course it is, it’s expensive! Lol

1 Like

They are a shit ton better. Trust me, I had Viaspectra and after switching to HLG the difference was very noticeable.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

So installing my board on Friday coming up. On the video the guy said 48 inches for veg for full power, so could I do 1/2 power ant half the height? He also mentioned no lower than 24in for flowering. Wanted to reach out and see what heights you use during veg and flower and also during germination. Thanks! Once again I got the rspect 600. Thanks
Steve

2 Likes

Here is a pic of my grobo purple haze!

I topped plant and cut off leaves that are on inside blocking light from getting to nodes but I keep the fan leaves on outside because they don’t block undergrowth and feel like I should only cut what is blocking light and not be clipper happy! What you think? Trim more or no?

4 Likes

I would trim more so you get more airflow threw the plant

Ps her looks super nice

2 Likes

Is it better to have inline fans in or out of tent?

1 Like

I have mine outside of the tent… I did it that way to save space but don’t think it matters either way

1 Like

@Steve

As promised here is pictures of my plants at day 21 of flower. As you will see they are very bushy.

Later today I will post pictures of how they look after the trim

5 Likes

This is awesome, I just signed in to post my setup as well! Yours looks awesome and I can’t wait to see results!!
Here is my grow! I was actually pretty impressed by my yield considering one plant! that’s a big mixing bowl and when it was done I got 6 tall mason jars full. It’s still not completely dry however, I have a dry basement and my grow dries fast in my air dryer! My bud was really quite dense so that made me happy.
So here is my HLG 600 and I put my fans out of tent and put 4 small usb fans aiming down on light and another one going across top! I can put my hand on it and it just warm at most. Have fans pitched towards the side where I put my inline fan outside of tent. Then the other one from the top on other side. I also have my dehumidifier hooked up but that’s later. But closed tent for an hour and put lights on max and I’m running 76 degrees! I’m happy, so here is my new purple haze and I hope these seeds take. I had an issue before with seeds and going through a lot by trying new things so, I’m going back to old way. Lights are at 48in. now (which I hope is ok?) Then I figured plant will grow into scrog and I might not have to adjust light at all? We’ll see. Ok here are my pictures.

2 Likes