New Grow New Thread

Should I keep hacking away or let it heal

That’s entirely up to you. Those bottom leaves may never “heal”. If it were my plant I’d say fk it, strip the unhealthy growth and push on knowing I had a few more cooking that we’re doing well, but here comes the disclaimer, You “probably” shouldn’t be training an auto. Most folks tend to agree that autos should not be trained or topped much ect as they have a predetermined lifecycle and won’t have the time to heal properly. The yield tends to suffer and the plant never reaches full potential yada yada

If This is an auto as mentioned and since it doesn’t have much time to recover from a lot of stress especially since you’re already flowering I would leave it to do it’s thing. You’re probably best served leaving it alone either way as if there is something really wrong you tend to see the affects in the Leaves first. I would recommend monitoring the run off for ppm and ph and adjusting feed accordingly based on those results. Once those leaves brown/crispy and the life’s been used up by the plant then yank them.

Your runoff/ppm can tell you a lot about what’s going on in the medium. I tend to take weekly readings in veg and flower. One a week in veg and twice a week in flower. Imo you did the right thing here which was flush it with ole natural water ph’d. This typically fixes any nutrient build ups you may have in your soil. The stains on the side are simply nutrient strains and they’ll come and go as you water or feed (more severe in low air flow environments). Not sure what your watering schedule is like, but my flowering plants in 5lb fabric pots require watering every 2-3 days. Some folks prefer the old school knuckle test rather than a set schedule. To do so, stick your finger into the soil, if its dry on the tip to the first knuckle it needs water. You could also opt to lift the bag and if it’s light it needs watering.

You have roughly the same size tent I’m using for flower. It’s too small for 4 plants in flower. I use the space the 4th plant would be for an oscillating fan and a small dehumidifier (flower) or humidifier (veg). The air flow or lack of at the bottom very well could be what’s causing your fuzzies. Might be helpful to get a full shot of your tent when you get a minute. Also happy that you got these plants through their rough spot :muscle: , stuck it out and will have a harvest, well done.

1 Like

Here is a pic of my tent James. Organic soil is the only one with the fuzzy. That’s interesting.

2 Likes

The organic soil has all types of beneficials. “Could be” something wrong in that soil. It’s pretty clear the plant is troubled when comparing it to the others, but that could be Genetics.

Are all four of those plants in different ages/weeks into flower?
All four the same strains/breeder?
What strains?
Just the one pole fan?
What’s your humidity at?

Lots of questions

Yeah that one is a month old. The other three were mid October

To answer your original question, the fuzzies are probably nothing to get concerned about yet. They’re likely a beneficial side-effect from your organic soil. Keep an eye on it. If it gets worse you should take action. Imo it’s likely the result of poor air circulation or aforementioned soil.

I’m curious as to what your game plan is for when you go to harvest the 3? The 1 started a month ago won’t be ready?

Two pole fans. There is one one top behind the inline fan and one down lower by the plants. The seeds came from the same breeder a the same time from a medical dispensary in LA. They are a mix of hybrid Strawberry Field auto and Melon OG indica. I planted the struggling one with the curling under leaves first believe or not. I know I’m not suppose to train autos, but my nutes came late and when they arrived, I got a little overzealous and well you know…that went in October 17 and the other two went in on October 20th… they have been flowering for a couple weeks now!!! The one with the funny soil has been in there for a month a two days! Looks like she is ready to flower… I had one of these seeds ( hybrid) in Grobo that I harvested over thanksgiving and it is fantastic!!! The strawberry field… it’s been kicking my ass

1 Like

I have only lollipopped that’s it nothing except tucking fan leaves

1 Like

Game plan? If my feet reach the floor tomorrow morning, that’s my game plan! I had brain surgery and had to retire my psychotherapy practice a few years ago. Medical marijuana has been my saving grace…lol go figure

2 Likes

Sorry to read that, but I’m delighted to read another cannabis success story. No more pain killers for me, just the cannabis :+1:

Keep me posted on how the plant moves along.

1 Like

I guess I will be harvesting the other three first! Looks like the tall tree n might be the first one ready to be harvested anyhow…

Yeah I will James you have been a great help!

1 Like

A lot of good folks around here to help you along the way if you have questions post them! Imo 3/4 isn’t bad! That is if you end up having to scrap the straggler.

Be well

1 Like

Thanks you too my friend and have a good holiday

2 Likes

Final week - no water or nutrients will be added. This will dry out the medium and force the plant to use its stored energy before its chopped on Saturday and hung to dry. This past week added nothing but ph’d water and monitoring the run off saw the buds swell to double its size from the previous week. Both flowering plants are doing really well and ready for harvest.

Today is day 65 in flower for these two plants. Gave them an extra week, just cause…

New Video made and hasn’t been posted yet, will be coming In the next few days. Future videos will be narrated (by the Mrs) and a few how-tos In the works per requests

Btw the addition of the second lighting seen in some of the pics was provided by an amazon seller free of charge for my honest review. It’s absolute junk and not effective at all. Not only that, but it’s built in controller/timer is off which starts the lights 5 minutes prior to my LED light. I would not recommend this light even for supplemental Reds or Blues. It will be trashed in one weeks time

7 Likes

Looking nice :herb: :+1:

3 Likes

Dude these are beautiful! Great job!

4 Likes

Thanks guys @Rich @Mikev

Turned out okay, pulled a popcorn bud yesterday to dry and test :joy::man_shrugging:.

Mistakes were made here; part of the learning process. Hopefully the plants moving from the veg tent will not suffer the issues these did, but all in all, I’m happy so far. Based on view, I should have a few ounces of the SlurricaneIX factoring in the shrinkage. They’re Rock solid buds and supported with plant safe ties. Probably won’t waste my time with a wet weight.

5 Likes

Awesome James looking good

3 Likes

First pic looks like it belongs in a magazine!

4 Likes