New Grobo Start Videos!

I haven’t used the light extension yet. I think she’ll be fine but I just wanted to check. Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Aang 2 out of 3 seedlings in my Start have a 45 degree lean too! I used the green garden ties to help prop them up. I think I needed to plant the seeds deeper into the peat pod.

4 Likes

Before the seed was planted I made a deep hole into the peat pod, but maybe it wasn’t deep enough. This morning I noticed my plant leaning even more, it appears to be getting top heavy. Good idea! I might try using some ties for support! :+1:

3 Likes

How long has it been in rhe starter

2 Likes

8 days in the Start

2 Likes

I’m debating if I should let the plant stay in the Grobo Start or transfer her into Grobo. I’ve noticed some browning at the stalk and I have been trying to keep her upright every day.

I’m having trouble removing the LED light so I can add the light extension. Does anyone know how to do this? lol I do not want to break anything. @Bplatinum9 @miami5th

3 Likes

@Aang Oh I understand your concern about the light extension! I had some difficulty switching from the low height to the extended height. It seemed like it would not budge!

What I found best was to put the Start on the floor or a desk so you have much more vertical leverage when pulling. Grab and pull at the base of the unit where I marked.

The peat pods look way too wet man! What is your float level at? Are the wicks still installed in the pods? If so, remove the wicks!

Edit: Use one hand to hold down the base of the Start. Use the other hand to pull up on the light pole. Grab it from the base of the light pole.

If you have an open space in a Grobo to transplant that seedling I would do it!

Lastly, I think the middle pod is the best placement for a single seedling. The middle seems to get the most light and has the most space to grow.

4 Likes

Thanks @miami5th! The wick is still installed; I will remove it. I think the stalk is browning because the peat pod may be getting too wet even though I’m measuring the water refill every time.

Yes from what I’ve seen from other growers it looks like the middle spot is the best place to grow. I was hoping to grow cilantro on the other end but haven’t had any luck with the germination. I think I will move her to the Grobo. Thank you!

3 Likes

You almost lost her to dampening off but it looks like she fought it!
Remember when taking photos its best to get a full view of your project to access damage.
Meaning the water toggle is an important feature when diagnosing the grobo start! :eyes::seedling:

5 Likes

Hi B. I have a question about the start…do I need to wet the pod before starting or does the wick wet the pod eventually? Any tips on the grobo start would be appreciated as this is my first time using it.
THANKS

2 Likes

The wick wets the pod but what I do Is put a few drops of water just to get it started once you see the tap root hit the water you can remove the wick hope this helps

3 Likes

Much appreciated

My first Grobo Start also. I got the extension and my question is should I be using it in the early stages?
I harvest on Sat and after 3 days of drying I’ll be ready to transplant. I did germinate my seed via the paper towel method. Just seemed to get a quicker taproot.

1 Like

No the extension should not be used in early stages of growing because it will cause premature stretch.
Add the extension once the plant has reached the light of its first extension. :eyes::seedling:

6 Likes

Thanks @Bplatinum9

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving Growers.

I have a question. I started this plant in the Grobo Start for two weeks. I transplanted in the Grobo and I immediately took her to Early Veg, which she’s been in now for 10/14 days. I plan on topping on the next day or so.

My question is should I move it into Late Veg based on the above timeframe, or just ride out this stage? Benefits or no benefits?

2 Likes

just let her ride to late veg stage…you can decide to extend late veg stage at the end of that stage based on size…usually the late veg stage and flowering stage are the only stages that need to be extended during a grow

3 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

I think she is too early to top. How many nodes are out? I would wait until you have 5

Also I would keep the plant in early Veg. When you advance to late Veg on drain / fill Grobo will increase your Ec. I don’t believe your plant is big enough for the extra nutes

4 Likes

Adding a small fan blowing on the plant would be I nice bonus also

4 Likes