New Grobo gear 🤩

That would be sick!

2 Likes

Sadly, I don’t think it’s the case. The solid and premium are already discounted and the start is showing on the website.

1 Like

One can hope there is more in store :pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

So what is the advantage over planting directly in the Grobo?

2 Likes

That’s the exact reason I don’t see the point. Grobo says they recommend planting directly in Grobo so the only reason I see for the incubator is people growing outside of Grobo.

2 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

5 Likes

You’re all quick and have figured it out! The Grobo Start is a seed starter and the benefit is that you can save ~4 weeks per grow by germinating in the Start. This adds 1 extra grow per year to your Grobo Premium or Solid.

Some new videos will be coming out in the next week, including an unboxing by @Stephen.

In the meantime, here are a few photos from our trials for you!

9 Likes

Workaholics GIF

5 Likes

Neat!

3 Likes

I love the idea, however…to use the start you are required to buy a new lid for the Grobo to fit the new medium. I’m curious as to whether new Grobo units will start coming with the new lid and peat pods instead of coco. Would’ve loved to see them design something to fit what ALL the current users have.

2 Likes

@FireGuy - Right now they are two separate lids since this is a new addition. We’ve kept the cost of the new lid as low as possible though and it includes extra peat pods since you’ll need them.

We do plan on looking to merge the Peat Pod and Coco Pod in the future to keep things simple.

7 Likes

Love to hear that @bjorn!

3 Likes

Go ahead and just take my money! :rofl: :money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings: :moneybag:

2 Likes

I bit :rofl:

6 Likes

Looks cool, any particular reason on peat vs coco for starting seed?

4 Likes

Awesome idea! Excited to check it out!

3 Likes

Seems pretty cool. Now you can start a seedling ahead of time while your Grobo is finishing it’s current grow/in dry mode and then once you clean/have it ready for the next, you’ll have a nice head start for the new plant.

Sadly, a Black Friday deal is not a deal if you weren’t planning on spending money in the first place :wink:

4 Likes

Awesome question @bcavalieri - The reason is more about manufacturing than growth in this case. They both work well for growing your plant.

The Coco Pods are supplied wet and it’s a big process for us to dry and pack them. The Peat Pods are supplied dry and they can be pre-packaged for us which is super helpful as we sell more and more of them every month!

4 Likes

Ok. So you save 4 weeks because you can start your seeds for a month in the Start while another grow is finishing in the Grobo?

4 Likes

Yes that is the idea