New Grobo gear šŸ¤©

I bit :rofl:

6 Likes

Looks cool, any particular reason on peat vs coco for starting seed?

4 Likes

Awesome idea! Excited to check it out!

3 Likes

Seems pretty cool. Now you can start a seedling ahead of time while your Grobo is finishing itā€™s current grow/in dry mode and then once you clean/have it ready for the next, youā€™ll have a nice head start for the new plant.

Sadly, a Black Friday deal is not a deal if you werenā€™t planning on spending money in the first place :wink:

4 Likes

Awesome question @bcavalieri - The reason is more about manufacturing than growth in this case. They both work well for growing your plant.

The Coco Pods are supplied wet and itā€™s a big process for us to dry and pack them. The Peat Pods are supplied dry and they can be pre-packaged for us which is super helpful as we sell more and more of them every month!

4 Likes

Ok. So you save 4 weeks because you can start your seeds for a month in the Start while another grow is finishing in the Grobo?

4 Likes

Yes that is the idea

@bjorn @Stephen Here is a question

I have built something along the same lines (same concept). One of the problems I found with mine is after 2 to 3 weeks the root ball gets big and it hard to remove from the tray (plug hole) without damaging the roots. Does your design have this problem?

1 Like

@bjorn @Stephen

Would I be correct saying there is no automation to this starter unitā€¦ (meaning Ph and Nutes).

Now of course the lights are auto but thatā€™s about it correct?

Also can you share what LED wattage and spec?

It does use nutes, not sure about the ph though.

1 Like

Yes manual added from what I see which is fine. Iā€™m asking the question because if I buy one I just want to confirm what Iā€™m gettingā€¦ Website site is lacking full specs (unless I missed it)

@Mpower11 Awesome questions!

1. Does the root ball get stuck? No, we havenā€™t had that issue yet. Thatā€™s one of the reason the cover for the peat pod is so wide. It gives you more space to pull the plants out to transplant.

2. Correct - there is no automation or nutrient dosing. The system will come with nutrient sachets for easy dosing every time you change water. Theyā€™re all pre-measured for the tank.

3. LED - They are 8 Watts and there are 40 LEDs in the light.

Youā€™re totally right some specs are still missing. Weā€™ve got a few videos on their way but they just missed BFCM. More will come out shortly!

Hereā€™s a sneak peak at another grow in the system. The node spacing was SUPER tight on this one:

9 Likes

Looking forward to the video and Groboā€™s recommendation of how to use before I buy.

2 Likes

Can this be used for things like micro greens? Would be nice to be able to leverage this outside of just the 4 week start before grow. I ordered one of these to support my 2 Grobos.

1 Like

@bjorn

Thank you for the info Iā€™m going to retire my homemade system and replace with this one :+1:

Off to the shopping cart

2 Likes

Yup for sure it can! Weā€™ve grown kale in it already for testing and have started to grow some other herbs as well.

3 Likes

Iā€™m in for one also :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I bought one @bjorn. I like the idea of being able to shave some time off of the growing cycles. The only issue I have is that this step will add to the cost of a grow. I understand that you have a business to run but the high volume growers need some kickbacks to help lower the cost. The higher your costs go, the more appealing a tent becomes. I suggest a subscription model where the users get a ā€œdashboardā€ of sorts which lets them geek and adjust recipes where desired and get a full suite of fun digital tools to play with. They would also get significant discounts on product from your store. I would also consider partnering with a seed producer, add a link on your site and of course get a cut of every purchase. This additional revenue will hopefully lower your costs and in turn ours. Sorry, itā€™s the business man in me, canā€™t help it. Just want you guys to succeed!

8 Likes