Mystery Part Behind Light Dislodged [RESOLVED]

Hey, does anyone know what this thing behind the light is? Also, how would I go about repositioning it?

This is my first grow - I’m on day 3 of germination & very nervous after reading over 3k posts😅 … would like to take care of anything that might be off before my plant starts growing!

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 Likes

Can you show us a pic?
Or use this diagram to point us in a direction?

1 Like

Whoops, I meant to attach this pic:

3 Likes

Someone said they are cameras but the website doesn’t really give info on what exactly it is. Could be a part of the 24/7environmental monitoring. Not sure but we can soon find out! Someone on here might even know.

I did however notice that yours seem to be out of position. I don’t however believe it will effect your grow but I would submit a ticket for the correct way to repair.
I took a pic of mine but I couldn’t get it very clear.

2 Likes

@Todd.grobo can you answer this one?

1 Like

I don’t think they’re cameras because the company has mentioned that as a potential future upgrade, but I think you might be right about them being environmental sensors :thinking:. I’m going to leave it alone for now if it doesn’t actually affect grow, unless someone at Grobo tells me otherwise. Thanks for your help :pray:t3:

1 Like

I think we will have better clarification tomorrow! :eyes::seedling:

1 Like

Those are ultrasonic sensors - they measure distance, or in this case height. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks @vegetato, is their any research or links she can read on this?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure @Stephen said they were sensors before but I dont remember what specifically for

2 Likes

Hey @Hellyesshedid,

That is indeed our Ultrasonic sensor as @vegetato stated, that has shifted in shipping. It’s important to fit it back into place to avoid light leaks into your grow chamber. It measures the height of the plant.

Cheers,
Stephen

4 Likes

Ok great, hopefully it hasn’t caused any damage so far. I covered it with electrical tape for now to avoid potential light leak. How would I go about repositioning the sensor? When I move it with my finger it just springs back to its position.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Any chance you have a diagram or instructions for her to get things back in working order?

1 Like

I took a quick pic to see if it helps…

Cheers
Stephen

4 Likes

What parts did you take off to expose this?

1 Like

Hey @Bplatinum9,

Just the wood top. :wink:

Stephen

2 Likes

That should be easy enough! Thanks!

1 Like

Would be a great software addition if we could see that sensor data!! Did not even know the Grobo had those sensors.

3 Likes

((#[RESOLVED])):

--

:wink:

4 Likes