My seedling broke, help!

Help! My seedling broke! I’m a newbie and can I attach this together or is it a goner? Can I reuse the coco pod? There’s no roots or at least it’s not poking out. 8th day of germination and I took the tweezers to it.

1 Like

RIP :sob: how’d that happen? If you have a new pod I would use it, if not you can try to reuse. Just pre germinate in a glass of water or wet paper towel in ziploc prior to inserting into your pod. (When doing so, you still need to run the full Germination phase of your recipe.)

3 Likes

So my seedling looks like this when I went to inspect. It was curled but I couldn’t see where the curled started. I pulled it gently with a tweezers and this is what happened.

1 Like

@SWSVIC not salvageable? If I start a new grow and soak the seed in a pod, do I have to turn off the grobo?

Curiosity killed the seedling :tired_face:

@SWSVIC Damm it! I wanted to fix the growth like all the forums I read! Damn… It’s done then?

You could probably get away with leaving it on until you plant your seed. Then end the grow and drain, and immediately start new recipe and fill. This is not the safest way to go about your restart but definitely the easiest. Safest would be end grow, sterilize unit, use new cocopod, start new recipe.

1 Like

100% Done. On the bright side you learned a quick lesson and you can easily restarts right away! Throw your next seed in a cup of spring water, wait for the tap root to show, plant it root side down in your pod, cover it with a piece of the pod, and leave it be.

2 Likes

That was toast a couple days ago by the looks of it sadly. You can reuse the pod, I had an unlucky seed once as well and reused the pod :+1:

2 Likes

@pha720,

(RIP): (ClickHere):

--

• ((#RIP)): :sob: ((#IFeelYourPain)): :sob: ((#SorryForYourLoss)): :sob:

[ https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=rip ]:

[ Green Crack - Sativa - Grows - #6 by SilverGrobo - Share Your Grow - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more ]:

• (SoSorryThisHappened): (HeartEquals): :equals: :cry:

--

• (RIP): :hole: :coffin: :sob:

--

:cry: :sob:

2 Likes